Chapter 3

Ten years had passed since the two diamonds lost their child. Blue was asleep in her bed holding her child's teddy bear that she made for iris when she was pregnant with her Blue kept shifting in the bed. Yellow had been on one of her colonies for a few months and blue hated getting up, it felt like a chore to her. Blue groaned as the early morning sun shone in her face. Blue opened her eyes and saw a little girl about five years old staring at her. She rubbed her eyes thinking she was imagining things but when she stopped and opened her eyes again she was still there. "Hello?" Blue said quietly. The little girl smiled.

"Hi mommy!"

Blue looked at her child and smiled.

"What are you doing up so early?" She asked

"I wanna make chockey chip pamcakes wif you" iris told her

"Mmh well it's to early for that, however when it's a little later you can make pancakes with me. How's that sound?"

"Okay!"

Iris cuddled up to her mom. Blue held her and smiled.

"I love you mommy."

"I love you too my little flower."

Blue kissed her daughters forehead. The two of them fell asleep together. But then that quickly faded and went to the night iris was taken from them. Then to yellow showing her their child's shards. Blue jolted up she was panting then started sobbing.

"Blue what's wrong?" Yellow asked.

Blue looked at her. "You're back!"

She leaped on top of her and hugged her. Yellow wrapped her arms around her wife.

"What happened love?" Yellow asked

"I-I had a dream it was of our iris. She was five and asked me to make pancakes with her. I told her it was too early and that she could sleep with me until it was later. So she and I fell asleep together but then it changed and went to the night she was taken from us. Then right after that i saw her shards a-and I-I-I.

She sobbed into her wife's shoulder.

"Shh it's okay I'm here now I'm here." 
Yellow ran her hand up and down her wife's back.

"Everything's gonna be okay."

She looked at yellow. "How?! Pinks dead our child is dead how are things going to be okay?!"

"I.."

Yellow didn't know how to respond.
"I don't know."

On earth iris was playing with Steven he was 13 years old. They were playing with a ball throwing it back and fourth to each other. The gems were on a mission for a few days so greg was watching them.

"Hey kiddos!" Greg shouted.
"You two wanna get something for dinner?"

Steven and iris looked at each other and smiled brightly.

"Yes please dad." Steven said.

They walked over to Greg then they walked to fish stew pizza.

"What would you kids like on your pizza?"

"Can we have pepperoni!" Steven asked.

"Of course. Iris what would you like?"

"Um cheese please."

"All right we'll do half cheese half pepperoni hows that sound?" They nodded

"yes please."

The two kids said at the same time greg ordered then they all sat down at a table.

"So kiddo's whats new?" Greg asked

"my tooth it's wiggly!" Steven pointed to his canine tooth.

"That's great stewball the tooth fairy will be visiting you soon."

"Yay!"

He smiled soon their pizza was served to them.

"Thank you for dinner Greg."

Iris said softly. Once they were finished they headed back to the temple. The gems were waiting outside the house for them. Iris ran to garnet and hugged her knee.

"I missed you garnet!" Iris said.

Garnet lifted her up.

"I missed you too Iris."

Garnet kissed the ten year olds cheek. Iris blushed a bit before yawning.

"I think you should head off to bed"

"But I-I'm not sleepy."

Iris yawned and laid against garnet.

"I'm gonna bring her to her room are you gonna sleep as well steven?" Garnet asked.

"After I ask about what you guys did on your mission!" He said excitedly.

"All right pearl and amethyst will tell ya. I'll come back out in a bit." Garnet told him

"Okay."

Garnet brought iris to her room and put her on the bed and tucked her in. Garnet kissed Iris's forehead.

"Good night iris, I'll see you in the morning."

She got up and closed the door slightly as she left Iris's room with a smile on her face.