My Wild - Part 2

My mother and father were once leaders of a large pack of at least 13 individuals. My mother was a beautiful silver brown Alpha like Adri, Adali and Naledi. She cared for the rest of the pack and she and my father were inseparable. My father was a sleek, coal-black Alpha wolf just like Ezra. He got enough food to go around because our territory was teeming with life and the hunt was usually good. My father accepted the rules of the pack and in exchange for his obedience he didn't make many enemies.

Everything was fine until they showed up. I was only about three weeks old when a rival pack, jealous at the amount of food in our territory, invaded our woods. This pack was much larger than ours so they overpowered us easily. They took over the woods, destroying anyone and everything that got in their way. My father and most of our pack were killed. Once it was over, there were only a few wolves left that hadn't picked sides. My mother was one of them. She and two females reluctantly fled into the woods followed by 3 younger males. Our mother hid us in our old den and barked at us to stay quiet. We must have been there for days, snuggled into our mother's thick coat. When she finally went out hunting she was careful not to be seen by the rival pack. It went on for a long while like this until the day she did not return for us. I was not aware at the time of the dangers of the woods and how, if the rival alpha found our mother, he wouldn't let her return without a fight; a fatal fight.