My Wild - Part 12

When I woke up it was night and I was staring at the sky. The moon was full and shining brightly. I tried to get up but my whole body ached and there was an intense pain in my head. I looked around me with my eyes instead. I was in the same clearing that I was before but I had moved to the very edge. The leaves I lay on were wet and I was soaked to the skin which made me shiver. It had probably been raining heavily. To my right there was a fallen tree., that must have been what hit me but I didn't recall any wind strong enough to knock it down. Then I notice something else. Big sharp blades stuck into the base of the tree . The marks on the trunk of the tree showed that they were what made the tree fall. But these weren't just any blades. They were human tools, which means that they would be back and find me here. Or maybe they already had and had thrown me over here thinking I was dead. I pushed through the pain telling me to stay still and stood up. I had to stand still for a while until my head stopped spinning before I could start walking. My walk was clumsy and I kept falling over but I had to keep going. I had to warn the others that the humans were coming. I had to get back to them and see if they were all right. After about an hour I slumped down exhausted in a den under a small oak tree. I didn't even check if it was safe. I just fell asleep. When I woke up it was morning and I felt a rough tongue licking my back. 

I slowly turned my head around expecting to see Ezra's familiar face staring back at me but instead I saw a small female wolf grooming me. She shrank back to the back of the den when she noticed me looking at her and curled herself into a little ball. She was black just like Ezra and looked to be at most a year old. I stuck my muzzle under hers and lifted her head. She looked up at me and realised that I didn't intend to harm her. Between licks she explains that her name is Sirabi and she is the daughter of one of the females that had run away from Nuka's pack and her father was one of the young males that had managed to escape although he had been killed by a human shortly after she was born. She was out hunting for food for her now pregnant mother when she had come across me lying in this den. She had taken pity on me and had come to groom me for I was covered in mud and dust. I thanked her and told her that my name was Aztec. I also told her about my pack and my parents. I invited her to join us but she said that she has spent her whole life here and she has the responsibility to take care of her mother. I understood and, thanking her once again, got up to continue on my journey back home. I looked back one more time but she was gone.