The Nightmare

Adrien's bodyguard got up to go to the bathroom(he was airsick again), leaving the two sleeping teens alone.

Adrien was sleeping peacefully when he heard mumbling, "No! Don't do it! It's not worth it! No!" The voice stopped. Then it was replaced by crying, "No...no...NO! You stupid, stupid, stupid cat..." Marinette whispered through sobs, "You sacrificed yourself for me, but I can't live without you! I..." The rest of her words were drowned out by tears. Quiet, mournful tears.

"Hey, are you-" Adrien woke up and saw Marinette crying in her sleep next to him. She kept on crying about some cat. Had she had a pet cat that had died or something? Whatever it was, he had to make her feel better. He couldn't bear the sight of her looking so heartbroken and helpless. He raised the armrest that was separating them and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her to his chest, "Shhhh..." He soothed, stroking her hair softly, "Hey Marinette, it's okay, I'm right here." He gently placed his chin on the top of her head, still shushing her, "Shhhhh..." He started to lightly rub her arm up and down to calm her.

Her tears kept coming, soaking his shirt, "But you're gone! You just jumped off the Eiffel Tower to save me! You're just an illusion! You can't really be my Chaton!"

"No Marinette, no one jumped off the Eiffel Tower." 'Her Chaton? What does that mean?' He shook his head, 'It doesn't matter. She's hurt and that's all that matters.' He started to sing the song his mom used to sing to him when he was upset, "Little kitty on a roof, all alone without his Lady..." He was interrupted by Marinette laughing bittersweetly.

"Chaton?" She made a pained smile, "Chat Noir? It's really you?"

He stopped his movements and froze, 'Chat Noir!? That's who she was dreaming about!? She thought I'd died!? I didn't think Marinette knew Chat Noir that well to dream about him.' He resumed his calming actions, "Yeah Marinette, it's me," He held her tighter,' I don't even care if I reveal my identity to her anymore. If any civilian should know my identity, Marinette deserves to.' Her breath was staggering now. Adrien placed a small kiss on her forehead, "And I'm not going anywhere this time."

She let out a relieved sigh and her breathing was at a normal pace again, "Good." And with that, she fell back into a peaceful sleep, the episode almost forgotten.

Adrien was at a loss for words, 'Why did she think that I'd died? Am I really that important to her?' He felt a little proud, knowing that Marinette cared for him in both identities, then he felt guilty, 'No. She got hurt because she cares for me. I need to make sure this never happens again.' He then noticed that she was shivering, hugging him tighter to get warmer. He got an idea. From his carry-on bag, he pulled out his favorite sweater. Careful not to wake her up, he maneuvered the sweater on her and zipped it up. It was a little big for her, but she looked adorable in it. He noticed that while thrashing around in her sleep, her pigtails had come loose. He didn't want her to lose her elastics on the plane, so he carefully slid them off and placed them in his shirt pocket, 'I'll give them to her when she wakes up but for now, she looks so pretty with her hair down.' Finally, he put up the rest of the armrests so that all three seats were now like a bed. He laid down on the makeshift bed, using his bag as a pillow. Marinette was in no shape to sit up and sleep, so he gently laid her down on him, "Good night, Princess."

"Good night, Chaton." She mumbled sleepily before drifting off to sleep once more.