:17

Sept.

Kree Bradley
Next Morning
Home.

"Kiana calm down."

"No, Kree pack your stuff hurry up."

I sat on my bed watching as my mama raided my drawers. My suit cases were laid out on the bed and she was stuffing my clothes with them. I placed my hands on my head taking a deep breath.

"Kiana, you can't just send him out there like that. People are gonna become suspicious!" Carmelo argued.

"I'm not letting him go to jail!" Ma screamed, "You heard what they said on the news! That boy is on life support! He's not even breathing for himself! It won't be long before they pull that damn plug!"

"Kiana people can survive being on life support. Don't just say the boy is about to die because we don't know for sure." He sighed.

"Did you ever stop to think about what will happen if the boy survives? You never know what the fuck people be feeling and he might just come back and try to kill Kree because of what happened! I'm worried about his fucking safety because I don't want my son dead Carmelo!" Mama said before she started crying.

"I'm sorry mama." I said as pops went over to hug her.

"She's right." He sighed, "Kree pack your stuff."

"But-"

"No buts, we have to send you up there until we feel like it's safe for you to come back." Pops said and I nodded.

My mama let go of him and rushed out of my room. I watched as Pops followed her leaving me alone. I got up from my bed and began packing my clothes.

"Here." Pops came back in and tossed me my phone. "You leave tomorrow morning. We buying you a plane ticket right now. Kiana is about to call your dad."

"Okay." I mumbled watching as he left the room.

I unlocked my phone seeing all my text messages pile up.

ARI😍
Wyd?

Essence
Can I slid?

Rionna💯
I'm sorry Kree, but
I need someone to
talk to. Kylan is in
the hospital and I
don't know if he's
gonna make it. I
really need your
company.

Princess💕
You still acting
like a bitch and
doing hoe shit
or you straight?

Devo
Yo man Doritos got
a new flavor!

Camilla
Link? Why tf u
been ignorin
me? I deadass
miss you 🖤

I ignored their messages and finished packing all my clothes. I sat on my bed and pulled my hair from my face. I laid back on my bed and pulled the covers over my head.

Early Next Morning
5:21 am
Home.

I walked downstairs sleepily as I dragged my suitcases. I stopped in front of the front door and waited for the rest of my things. Carmelo came down dragging two more and my mama had the last. She left it at the bottom of the steps and cut the light off.

"Don't worry, she's coming down in a moment." Pops mumbled pushing the suitcases to me.

I yawned, "Are y'all taking me to the airport?"

"No," He sighed, "The cab driver is on his way."

"Why can't y'all take me?"

"Your mama doesn't want to. She said she has to be to work in a couple of hours." Pops said causing me to bawl my face up.

I stomped over to the stairs and cut the light on. I stomped all the way up them and bursted in the room to see her laying down.

"Ma, so not gonna drop me off at the airport? I know you mad at me, but you know that I'm gonna be upset if you don't drop me off." I angrily said causing her to look at me.

"Ok."

"Ok? What's that supposed to mean?" I furrowed my brows.

"Kree!" Pops yelled, "Your cab is here!"

Pops yelled from downstairs. I looked at my mama and she looked back at me. I leaned against the bed and we just stared at each other.

"Wait you waiting on?" She asked.

"You."

"Oh well." She chuckled before she pulled the covers over her head. I heard a loud car horn and shrugged my shoulders.

"Ma."

She ignored me again and it made me more angry. I walked over to the lamp and swung and busted it on the wall. She pulled the covers off her head and rolled her eyes.

"Bye Kree."

"You so fucking evil! I hate you!" I screamed before exiting the room. I rushed downstairs and grabbed my suitcases.

"Kree." Pops grabbed me, "Calm down. Just calm down."

"Let go of me." I snatched away from him and opened the door. I dragged all my bags myself to the cab.

Pops came outside to help me, but I just brushed him off. I threw my bags in the suitcases in and hopped in the car.

"Kree, it's gonna be okay." Pops said as I rolled up the window.

"I'm ready." I mumbled before the taxi pulled off.

I watched Pops watch me drive away. I placed my airpods in my ears and closed my eyes. I hate it here.

Short chapter, but the next is gonna be much longer. It should be out in a couple hours.