:18

Sept. 21

Kiana Bradley
Home.

"Kiana, will you just talk to me? I honestly don't know what I did to you. It's been three days already."

Carmelo begged grabbing onto my waist. I turned around and faced him for a moment.

"Ok."

"Are you gonna call Kree? I know you miss him. Come on Kiana, you his mother, not his enemy." Melo said letting me go and sitting at the island.

I nodded, "I know."

"Then why it's taking you so long? I watched you sit here and cry your eyes out when he left." He stared at me, "You was so emotional Kiana and you know it. How come you just can't show him that side of you?"

"What'll be the point?" I teared up, placing my hands on my eyes. "I failed as mother. I really did. I have never seen him act out so much. I know that's not Kree because my baby doesn't act like that."

"Kiana he's growing up. I understand you liked him better when he was more preserved and was quiet. People don't stay the same and you know that."

I nodded, "I know."

"And you didn't fail him. Look at all the stuff you did for your son. Kree played every sport that I could think of, took boxing classes, he speaks three languages and he goes to church. All by the age of sixteen at that. If it wasn't for you he wouldn't have all this shit and he wouldn't be respectful enough to get up and go to church every sunday. When I was sixteen, church wasn't even in my vocabulary sadly. Doesn't seem like you failed him to me."

"I understand that." I sniffled, "But none of that matters if he doesn't feel loved and you know it. Now it's like, did he ever feel like I loved him? Yeah he got everything he wanted and more, but did he feel everything was genuine?"

"I don't know." There was a hard knock at the door causing Carmelo to get up. "That's something you got to ask him."

I wiped my face and followed him out the kitchen. I stood behind him as he opened the front door.

"Hey Miss Kiana." Princess came in holding onto her stomach. "None of us has talked to Kree and were wondering if we could see him?"

Carmelo looked at me and I looked at him.

"Um," Carmelo sighed, "He's in Harlem. He's gonna be living there for a while."

"What?" Her face fell. "But I'm having a gender reveal soon. I really wanted him to be there."

I nodded, "I'm sorry, give him a call and see if his dad can fly him back out for a minute."

"How long is he gonna be there for?" Princess asked sadly.

I shrugged, "Roughly six or seven months."

"Months?" Princess said before nodding, "Okay. Thanks Ms. Kiana and Mr. Carmelo. I'll see y'all later and here's y'all invite."

I took it from her and she waved as she left the house. I closed the door and Carmelo looked at me.

"This is gonna be exhausting."

Kree Bradley
Harlem, NY
Home.

I sat on the stoop watching Adventure Time on my phone. It was chilly outside, but I needed to get some fresh air. I haven't been feeling good lately, and sitting in the cold made me feel much better.

"Kree?"

I looked up from my phone to see Bri and another girl. I looked at her for a minute before looking back down at my phone.