III

Kai grinned as he entered the dining room, "Well, ring it up, nerds. I just arrested my first Departed idiot of the season! He was trying to rob a bank, but had a little trouble with the getaway."

FLASHBACK

A fire truck was parked outside the bank, as a man dressed as a banana holding a bag full of cash was stuck in the doorway. With his arms folded, Kai grinned, "Trying to 'split', huh? Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get out on 'a peel'." He snickered, "I'm so glad you're stuck, I've got tons of these- no, no, don't touch the money!"

Blue paint splattered everywhere all over the walking banana, and on the glass door.

END FLASHBACK

"I swear, all these perps are so stupid. I'd make a better criminal than any of them."

"Yeah, you'd be an evil mastermind!" Jay beamed, "And everyone would call you the handsome bandit!"

"Thank you, Jay. And the best part is none of you could catch me." Huh. He seemed so sure of himself. Everyone protested at Kai's claim. Wu had been standing nearby, holding a cup of tea, "I'm fairly certain you would be caught. No, scratch that. I'm 100% sure that you'd be caught."

The porcupine laughed maniacally, "All right, challenge accepted.

Wu took a sip of his tea, "I didn't issue a challenge."

"Fine, I'll issue one for you. What's the most valuable thing in your room?" The elderly man paused to think for a moment, before peering into the room across the hall through the open door, at the parchment pinned to the wall, "My scroll, gifted by my father, congratulating me on my achievement with my elemental power."

Rolling his eyes, Kai muttered, "Gosh, you're such a hero. Alright, how about this? I will bet you that by midnight tonight, I can steal the scroll of achievement from your office."

"Why would I possible agree to that?"

"Because if I lose, I'll work the next five night patrols. And I won't tell anyone about that time I saw you wearing a poncho outside of work. But if I win-"

"You won't."

"-You have to take my patrol shifts tonight. The busiest, and spookiest night of the year. And you also have to publicly state that I'm an amazing ninja/mastermind."

Holding his cup, Wu kept an emotionless face, "And...this won't interfere with you doing your job?"

"You mean my job as an amazing ninja/mastermind? No it will not. I'll do all of my work, guaranteed." He searched Wu's face for a hint of expression, but found nothing.

"I'm considering it. I'm interested. I agree to participate."

Everyone grinned as the two shook hands. Kai smirked, "All right. Prepare to eat my dust."

"That is incorrect," Zane stated, "Eating dust can lead to several issues, and possible diseases within the lungs-"

"You know what I mean, Zane! It's heist time!"