XII

"Jay, I need you in the living room." Cole called out. Looking up from his phone, Jay nodded, "Be there in a sec."

Minutes later, he pushed open the door to see everyone dressed in costume. Kai was dressed as a Royal Baby, Cole was a chef, Zane was...Zane, Lloyd was a ghost of all costumes, Skylor had a police hat perched on her head and Pixal was front in centre, covered in hazard tape, and Wu had simply fitted on an eyepatch.

"What's going on?"

Pixal stepped forward, "You know how I think Day of the Departed is for jerks? Well, this Day of the Departed, I was the jerk. I'm sorry about tonight."

"'I'm sorry about tonight.' We found the title of Pixal's follow up sex tape!" Lloyd called out. He high-fived Nya, as Pixal rolled her eyes. Jay nodded, "I'm sorry I couldn't get you to love Day of the Departed."

The nindroid shook her head, "It's not your fault. I was terrible."

"'It's not your fault, I was terrible,' is also one of your sex tapes!" Kai chimed in. Pixal whacked him around the head, before turning back to Jay, "Day of the Departed is unbearable. But it was slightly bearable with you- don't!" She immediately shut Lloyd up as he opened his mouth to comment.

She continued, "Anyway, we're all going to the bar, so get changed, because you can't be the only one there without a 'stume!"

"'Stume! FSM, it caught on, yes!" Jay cheered, and everyone immediately disagreed.

Down at the police station, a mini party was being held, and Kai spotted Wu holding a candy apple, observing the partiers from afar. He went and stood beside him before clearing his throat, "Ah, Sensei Wu, it is so nice to see you. Never thought I'd say that."

"Hmm. A poor winner. I never would have guessed." He gestured to Kai's costume with his free hand, and he grinned, "Yeah, you would have. Nice work on going all out on your costume!" He nodded towards the eyepatch Wu had on, covering his left eye, "Now, I believe you have an announcement to make, so the floor is yours!"

"Attention everyone!" Everyone looked over at Wu, who sighed and announced, as Kai mouthed along to the words.

"Kai Smith is an amazing ninja/mastermind. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some shifts to patrol."

Everyone cheered as Wu headed off.

Nya headed towards Cole and Lloyd, who were debating on the differences of cake and candy, "Officer from Terra Technica PD got the Royal Baby Mugger. He had nineteen wallets in his 'diaper'."

From afar, Dareth yelled, "We got a runner!"

As if on cue, a perp raced out into the main office and made a beeline for the doors. Nya immediately grabbed him by the front of his neck, pushing him to the ground in one swift movement, as everyone watched, impressed, "Damn!" Cole yelped.

As Nya chained his hands together, she added on, "Oh, I didn't tell you. I got kicked out of Marty Oppenheimer for beating the crap out of ballerinas."

Lloyd gave an awkward nod, now feeling a little more terrified of the Water Ninja.

Dareth wiped imaginary sweat from his forehead, "Good thing I gave a heads-up. Go team!"