V

Jay gestured around, "Okay, the party's just around the corner. The tip said there'll be a huge amount of drug activity."

"Why is this costume so stiff?" Pixal complained, "And what is that smell?!"

"The department never washes them, so it's probably vomit. But, hey!" He pulled out a wrapped sweet from his pocket, "I got you a chocolate! Another great thing about Day of the Departed: chocolate!"

Moodily, Pixal took it and unwrapped it, "Thanks. Oh look, Raggedy Anne is drinking vodka straight from the bottle. People think if they put on a costume, they can just get away with anything they want. Day of the Departed is just Christmas for jerks." Tossing the wrapping in a nearby bin, she scolded the woman, "Come on, ma'am. No open containers."

Clearly drunk, Raggedy Anne slurred out, "Oh, and why should I listen to you, Bone Person?"

Rolling her eyes, Pixal gestured to the costume, "It's called a skeleton. It's a very common word." Sighing, she  held up the police badge that had been issued for them, "Just put the vodka away."

"You guys are cops?"

Jay stepped in, "Well...technically just for this night-"

"These guys are cops!" The partiers started booing at the duo, using some very...colourful language that should not be used anywhere near children.

Back at the Monastery, Wu was sat meditating, joss sticks filling the air with their smell of smoke, and roses, his eyes shut as he breathed in and out calmly. Bits of plaster from the ceiling crumbled and fell onto the wooden floor and the mat, as he glanced up, "Are you in my ceiling, Kai?"

"...No."

Rolling his eyes, Wu blew out the candles, "So, what's the plan? You wait for me to leave my room, lower yourself down, take my scroll and win the bet?"

"Who are you talking to? There's totally no one up here." Wu sighed and stood up, going to the wall and unpinning the scroll, "Kai, just so you know, right now I am taking my scroll off the wall and placing it in a locked safe whose combination is known only to me. The safe, in turn, is locked in a cabinet. The only key to that cabinet is on my person. I'm off to my meeting now. Good luck with your plan, Kaiden." He headed to the door, leaving the room.

"You think that scares me? I laugh in the face of adversity!"

The door closed, and the room was silent.

"Are you still there? Sensei, are you still there? I can't hear- AGH!" The ceiling broke, and Kai crashed onto the floor, covered in plaster and dust.

"Ow."