VIII

At the warehouse party Pixal was not having a good time, whereas Jay was throwing down his best moves. He turned to the sulking nindroid, who had her arms folded stubbornly, and yelled over the blaring music, "Come in, Pixal! Loosen up! You look like such a cop! Come on, have some fun!" His orange wig bounced around as he did the running man.

Pixal lifted up the skeleton mask, "Stop trying to get me to love Halloween, it'll never work!" Rolling his eyes, Jay waved his arms around in the air, blending in well. Meanwhile, Pixal sharply elbowed him, as she spotted a drug exchange taking place, "There!"

Sobering up from his dance frenzy, Jay nodded, head in the game, "I'll cut em' off at the exit."

"Copy that. Move, move, move!"

They sprinted down the stairs and into the crowd of sweaty, drunk dancers, "He ditched the drugs! I'm on it." Pixal yelled, diving onto the littered floor. She army crawled forward, locating the small plastic ziploc bag. Using the sleeve of her costume, she gingerly picked it up, careful not to put her fingerprints upon it.

She screeched as a liquid spilled onto her from above, "Oh!!! What is that?! How is it hot and cold at the same time?!" She was not enjoying this assignment.

Back at the Monastery, Wu was on the phone to the builders, "So, the soonest you can fix the ceiling is Monday?" His attention was averted as several bird feathers fluttered out through the vents and onto the wooden floor. Picking it up, he examined one, before speaking into the receiver, "I'm gonna have to call you back."

"Wait, stop scratching me, we're supposed to be a team!" Kai groaned as he sat on top of the toilet, the vent door unscrewed, four pigeons in his grasp.

Rolling his eyes, Wu folded his arms, an unimpressed look plastered across his face, "Ahem."

"Sensei, hi! I was just...using the toilet."

"Are you trying to jam pigeons into my air conditioning vent to flush me out of my office?"

"Way to ruin the surprise!" Kai huffed sarcastically, wincing as a bird scratched his face, "Stop it!"

"How'd you get those birds?"

He boasted heartily, "By using my big fat brain!"

FLASHBACK

Kai ran around like a madman, paper bag in one hand, loaf of bread in the other. He chased the pigeons around the courtyard, shaking the bread around, "Get in the bag, you stupid bird! Eat the bread, eat the bread! I paid 5 dollars for this!"

He cornered one pigeon, "I gotcha, I gotcha!"

END FLASHBACK

"All part of my elaborate plan to defeat you," the porcupine continued. Wu stepped forward, "So far, you and your...'big fat brain' are losing -- badly."

"Maybe," Kai responded, "if we're talking about who's winning our bet. But if we're talking about who's holding more birds, I'm winning, four-nothing."

"You only have two birds in your hand."

Frowning, Kai looked down to see two pigeons and a clump of feathers in his grasp. Shuddering, he let go of the feather pile, wiping his hand on his gi before smiling awkwardly and saluting.