VI

"Here you go." Kai frogmarched a perp in, dressed as a baked potato, "Don't touch the butter." It had been a while since the ceiling incident, and his limbs were aching from the fall.

He turned to see Pixal and Jay wiping egg off their costumes, "What happened? I thought you guys were supposed to be at the warehouse party."

"We got egged." Pixal groaned, "The shell is everywhere, and it's scratched my metal coating."

"Yikes. Well, it sounds like costume duty is going great." Jay nodded excitedly at Kai's sarcastic assumption, "So great! We're having the best time, right Pixal?"

"I wish I was dead. How's the unwinnable bet going?"

"Well, on one hand I fell through the ceiling and onto a pencil, but on the other hand, I also badly bruised my brain."

Nya rolled her eyes at her brother, "If you wanted to make a bet with Wu, you should have made a bet you could win. Like...who uses more hairgel."

"Ha ha. Very funny." Kai deadpanned, "You know, frankly, I'm a little surprised you guys don't think I can win this thing."

Cole set down his book, "Look, Kai, I love you like you're one of my daughters." The porcupine looked up and beamed, "Really?"

The Earth Ninja continued talking, "But it's not about you or how smart you are. It's about Master Wu. The man's a genius. He's had you at every turn."

"Well," Kai straightened up, "Not this day...turn...time. Sorry, I'm pretty sure I had a concussion back there. Here I come." He fell forward, and Cole broke his fall, lifting him arm and seating him back on his chair.

Later, in the interrogation room, Nya, Lloyd and Cole stood on the other side of the glass with Steve. "Okay," Nya stated, "Here's the first set of Royal Babies I rounded up. It's a popular costume. Any of these guys look familiar?"

"Maybe the third guy. The baby who mugged me was pretty short."

Nya snickered and Steve turned around, "You're not supposed to laugh at me." She stepped forward and pushed the button, "Number three, step forward and say 'Give me your money, you stupid bag of crap.'"

The guy stepped forward and cluelessly stuttered out, "Gimme your money...you s-stupid bag of crap?"

Steve shook his head, "No, wrong giant baby." Cole glanced at her, his arms folded, "I still wanna know why you got kicked out of Catholic School. Were you doing drugs?"

"Worse."

Lloyd raised an eyebrow, "Were you selling drugs?"

"Worse."

"How bad could it have been?" The blonde inquired, "Did you burn down a church?"

Gritting her teeth, Nya pressed the button, "Number three, step forward and say 'Worse.'"

"Worse."

She smirked and pointed at the glass.