⁴ shot

Summary:

There's a shooting during a concert and Niall gets hurt.
-no ship, just Zianouarry friendship

Worktext:

"You make me wanna tsss one more night!"
The crowd screamed at Nialls move and the blond couldn't help but had to smile at that. He knew exactly that the girls went crazy for this part in better than words.

He run back to the boys, grinning wide at them. Tonight he was just so enthusiastic and happy, he wished the concert would never stop.
When the song ended he drunk some water and met the rest of the boys in the middle of the stage to read some tweets.

"So Marina asks...", read Liam out loud when he suddenly stopped. His eyes widened and he looked at the other boys. Niall didn't understood what he wanted until he motioned for the boys to put their earpieces back in.

The moment Niall did, a concerned voice of a crew member came out of it.
"Tell the crowd you're doing a little break! Leave the stage!"
Niall frowned at the other boys. It wasn't even time for the first...

Before Niall could say anything a loud band echoed through the stadium. The boys flinched and some girls in the crowd screamed.
Louis, the first one back to thinking straight, put his mic back to his mouth and announced an little break.

Then another loud bang could be heard. Unmistakable this time everyone knew that this was the sound of someone shooting.
The crowd started to panic.
Niall wanted to say something, calm them down but in the next moment a door to the arena swung open and a silhouette appeared, holding a gun.

The person didn't seem to plan on shooting the fans because they pushed them away and aimed for the stage.
They shit one, two, three times before everything went wild.
Screaming, the crowd tried to get as far away as possible from the shooter.
Paul and some other security guards rushed on staged, dragged the boys behind it.

As soon as the boys were pushed in a little chamber Harry collapsed against table. They were in the makeup room.
The youngest member searched frantically in his pockets for his asthma spray. The panic lead to some breathing problems.
Louis rushed to his friend, helped him taking the medication.

"Are the rest of you okay Lads?", Liam asked with a shaky voice.
"Yeah", replied Louis and Zayn in union.
"Niall?", asked Liam turning around to the irish boy. The moment he spotted him he went pale.

Niall leaned against the closed door, eyes shut tight in pain. He clutched his stomach.
"I... I don't think so.", he whispered, clearly having problems to speak.
Slowly he took his hand away... they were red and full of blood.

"Shit!", Liam exclaimed, taking a step to his friend who immediately collapsed in his older friends arms.
Slowly Liam laid him down, propping Nialls head in his lap.
"I... I think I've been.. been.."
"Shhhh..", Liam tried to shush him. Speaking wouldn't do any good to Niall now.

He was shot.

The other boys rushed to him, Louis immediately put pressure to the wound.
"It's bleeding pretty bad!", he cried, looking at the blood coming through his fingers.

"I'm not feeling great.", Niall mumbled.
"I know Nialler. It'll be alright. I swear!", said Harry, grabbing his friends hand tightly. It was cold and Niall was shivering extremely.

"Wanna sleep.", Niall whispered now.
Liam panicked.
Now Zaym tried to say some comforting words.
"I know you will and I promise you can soon. But not right now. Keep your eyes."
"But it's hard."

Another shot was heard and Niall flinched but regretted it ad pain shot through his body.
"The police will be here soon and then you will be taken to the hospital. Just stay awake till then!", Louis said, tried to keep his voice steady but failed.

Another three minutes passed but no one seemed to show up in the next few minutes.
Niall was already so pale, the red blood covering his abdomen.
Not just Niall, but the boys kneeled in his puddle of blood.

"The pain will be over soon.", Harry said, gripping Nialls cold hand even tighter.
"But... I'm not in pain anymore."
The boys looked shocked at Niall, then at each other.
Tears shining in all their eyes.
"I know what that means.", Niall continued weakly. "When I'm not feeling pain anymore it's..."
"No!", Zayn interrupted him. "Don't."

Niall head rolled to the side but Liam rolled it back.
"Don't close your eyes."
"But it's okay. I am surrounded by my best friends... my brothers... there's nothing better I could wish for when I die."
"But you won't die tonight!", Louis exclaimed.

Niall closed his eyes. He was way to weak to open them again and just his shallow breathing told the boys he was still alive.
"Niall...", whispered Liam, his voice broke. He stroke the blondes hair out of his forehead.

Nialls lips parted like he wanted to say something but the words couldn't leave his lips.
Harry leaned forward so he could hear him better.
"Could you sing to me? Like a lullaby?"

Tears streamed down Harry's face by that request.
"Please."

The boys looked at each other.
Liam took a deep breath before he started with a shaky voice.

Shut the door
Turn the light off
If I wanna be with you
I wanna feel your love
I wanna lay beside you
I cannot hide this
Even though I try

A slight smile formed on Nialls lips.

Heartbeats harder
Time escapes me
Trembling hands touch skin
It makes this harder
And the tears stream down my face

And it was true. Everyone except Niall was crying by now.
But they didn't stop. If Niall wanted the boys voices to accompany him on the way to heaven, then it should be like this. Doesn't matter how hard it was for them.

If we could only have this life for one more day
If we could only turn back time

But they couldn't. They couldn't turn back the time. They only could watch their brother taking his last breath before his head rolled to the side again.

Niall died with an smile on his face.

Just when the boys broke down, every one of them sobbing heavily, the door burst open.

***

Sorry for not updating a long time. But now I changed the cover and got a lot of ideas in my head. I'm motivated to write more now.
I hope you liked this one.

Should I do a second part?

And don't forget to request♥️♥️♥️

Love ya'll

X