Chapter One

Third person POV

When Avery was 12 her life started changing but is was so hard to explain what was going on. As she heard her mother talking on the phone to her boss trying to get extra hours. As she is struggling to making ends meat but Avery couldn't understand how she can hear that as her mother is all the way downstairs in the kitchen.

So Avery started lightly step down the stairs as her mother still think she is sleeping while going down the stairs. Avery noticed that she almost put her foot down on the stair that creaks lucky Avery noticed it in time so she was able to miss that one step.

That would of alerted her mother who was in the kitchen so when she got to last stair she quietly walk to the kitchen door. Just as her mother was getting off the phone she opened the door and walk into the kitchen just as her mother was putting down the phone then asked "what are you making for breakfast".

I looked around and noticed my question was already answered as there on the table was chocolate chip pancakes along with a large glass of ice cold milk. As my mum joined me at the table she asked what are my plan's for the day I said after breakfast I planned to met Amy so we could walk to school together with that being said my mother said have a great day.

As I left the house it was a cold wet morning in the distance I seen Amy waiting by the street sign waiting on me. I hurried my walk to catch up with her on the way to school we decided to take a short cut through some woods.

As we where walking we heard a rustling come from behind a tree I said to Amy lets go investigate at that moment. She grabbed my shoulder and said no we must get to school she was scared I could hear the fear in her voice so I decided to just head to school.

As I sat in class my mind kept wondering to the rustling in the woods what could it have been was it a human or an animal I will never know. But I decided that later on that night I would take a walk incase it was someone injured or an animal needing help.

I heard my name being called it was Amy I must have went in to a deep thought or a daydream taking me back to the woods I missed most of my class. Amy had to update me on everything to avoid detention.

I don't understand what spooked Amy in the woods as I feel she was braver than me. Maybe theres something I don't know but I will ask her another time as with the fear in her voice I don't want to take her back there.

All of a sudden the school bell was going I looked down at my notepad hardly anything in it I day dreamed the whole school day away I really need to stop and concentrate in class a lot more. As I don't want to put added pressure on my mum after the call I overheard this morning.

On way home from school I tired to mention the woods to Amy she became very quite and didn't want to answer so I left it there. We approached the street sign and went our separate ways home.

As I entered the house I could smell my favourite meal being cooked it was my mums homemade shepherds pie I knew that smell anywhere my belly gave out a groan. My mum called "is that you Avery dinner is on the table sweetheart."

As I entered the kitchen to sit at the table to eat my meal my mum tried asking about my school day but I just kept falling silent as my mind was still at the woods and Amy reaction. What spooked her so much and what was behind the tree.

I finished dinner went to my room took my school uniform off and got ready to head for my walk in the woods.

As I was walking through the deep dark woods I approach the tree and looked behind it. Nothing there who was I kidding I was never going to find out who or what it was I missed my chance.

......................................................................................................................

Author's Note

Hi my lovely readers could you please leave a comment too let me know if you want me to continue writing this book and please don't for get to vote thank you.