𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"

Romans 8:38-39
———

"Don't do it my dear" a voice yelled from behind.

Martha hastily whirled to see the individual who owned the low and soft voice.

It was a woman, she had soft brown hair that curled when they caressed her shoulders, she was in her mid-fifties. Her eyes appeared desperate—desperate to save her

The look on her face switched from desperate to sad as she approached her.

" God has huge plans for you, darling just trust him once, hold on," said the woman her eyes glued onto Martha.

Martha couldn't hold back her tears, she looked so much like her mom.

" The more I try to hold on the more it hurts"

" Shh.. sweetheart trust me it won't hurt," said the woman, her eyes filled with compassion.

These words, they were the exact words her mom had uttered before the accident.

" No it's going to hurt your lying" said Martha stepping away from the ledge, falling onto her knees, tears flowing down her eyes.

The woman came closer, she stooped down and caressed Martha as she sobbed her heart out.

And finally, when she had no more tears left to cry.
She stood up, she felt stronger than she was before after she had cried her heart out.

The woman gave her a slight smile, the wrinkle beside her eyes gave her a more friendly and affectionate look.

" I'm Maeve, by the way"

Martha nodded with a smile, she was happy that someone cared.

" What lead you to take this decision?"

"I don't really have a good reason to live, no body to look after, nobody to care, I'm lonely and broken"

" You have me, and above all you have Jesus" said Mrs.Maeve.

Where are all these Christian people coming from?

" I wish life were that easy, I wish depression was a choice"

" It is a choice, my dear, you may choose to be depressed over how lonely and miserable your life is or you may choose to rejoice over how big your God is," said Maeve, "I wish my daughter had taken that decision"

Martha looked over, the smile on Mrs.Maeve's face seemed to have slowly faded away.

" My daughter jumped off this bridge last year, she was young only 22 years of age and since that day I stand here, I don't want another person to end up like my daughter, I don't want another person to perish without learning about the love of God, I don't want another person to die without knowing that help is present," said Maeve, a small amount of moisture forming in her eyes as she spoke.

That's when Martha learned that, the woman with a beautiful smile had a not-so-beautiful past and scares that hid behind.

" But thank God, I have a son if it weren't for him I would have lost it, His name is Gabriel, by looks I can say you may be the same age as him"

" Why is it that you Christians are so obsessed with Christ, trying to shove it down other people's throat every chance you get" said Martha, her tone was soft, eventhough Christianity wasn't her thing she took a pity for this woman.

"I am sorry if you feel like that about Christians we just want you to experience the Love of God, the overwhelming, neverending reckless love of God"

Martha listened to her carefully, what was this love, Was this love truly Overwhelming, never-ending, and reckless? according to her, everything must end, How was this love neverending.

"How can love be never ending everything must end at some point, nothing can be infinite" said Martha, recalling words of Adrian.

"God's Love for you is infinite, The creator of the Universe knows you and calls you by name, he owns the world yet he sits there waiting for your attention, Do you know how much he loves you? he can save you from anything, nothing is too hard for him"

" Then why didn't he save your daughter? Where was he when your daughter stood at this bridge? Where was he while she was drowning to death?"

Mrs.Maeve looked a Martha, her cheerful smile disappeared, a little moisture forming in her eyes.

" He was right there, when she stood on the bridge he was pleading her not to do it, when she was drowning he was whispering to every bypasser to save the drowning girl, He fought for her, he moved heaven and earth just so that she could live, " said Maeve, tears flowing down her eyes, " If she had known about his love, if I had not been so busy with my job and taught her about his Love all this wouldn't have happened"

" I'm sorry"

" Don't be sweetie, I quit my day time job just so that I could stand here at this very bridge and tell people about the love of God, I won't let another soul at this bridge perish without knowing about the Love of God— His love is the best Medicine in the world it can cure anything"

A/N

This chapter is longer than my usual chapters, it was emotionally very hard for me to write this chapter because I personally have felt like this many times, I hope this chapter will be a reminder to anyone considering suicide there is help, the creator of this world is reaching out to draw you out from your misery you just need to grab his hand and let him pull you out.
He loves you, he is not ashamed of what your going through.
Jesus Loves you