𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 16

"You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you."

Psalm 86:5
———

" Marts are you ready?" yelled Maeve from the other side.

Martha looked at herself in the mirror, her navy colored gown was long and modest enough for church.
She desired to put more effort into her hair yet since Maeve was hurrying her she put it up in an effortless Bun.

Gabriel wore a white shirt with black jeans, he wasn't very muscular but that outfit made him look dashing.
His hair was gelled and tugged behind.

He gave her a timid smile when his eyes met her brown ones, she wasn't a supermodel nonetheless she looked pretty just the way she was.

" I'm so excited isn't this your first time at church," said Maeve with a chuckle.

" Mae, where is my belt" grumbled Mr. Addison from behind.

" Look in the back addy!"

Finally, after a lot of turmoil, they sat in the car.

" Marts, I am really good friends with a family in the church I would love to introduce them to you," said Maeve glancing back at Martha, who was sitting beside Gabriel in the passenger seat.

Martha nodded in agreement, Gabriel peeked at her with a shy smile.

" What?"

" You look so p-pretty , I c-can't even believe your the s-same g-girl, I
can-"

Martha's eyes flickered and her cheeks were flushed.

" Thanks for the compliment you look quiet dashing too"

Gabriel couldn't conceal his huge smile, that paved way across his lips.

They finally arrived at church, it was a small and elegant church.
A sign pointing towards the entrance mentioning "Desiring Christ ministries" .

Martha glanced at many unfamiliar faces, yet they all were friendly and welcoming.
The church was average-sized not very small neither a huge one, it possibly comprised of 50 members.

The first few minutes was loaded with Worship music, she knew none of them yet she couldn't help but sway to the melody, the songs learned like worldly music, it was the kind of music that replenished the soul.

Maeve's eyes were eagerly rummaging for someone, Martha assumed it was the family she wanted to introduce.

Then the Pastor came up on stage, he was small and Bulky, yet when he spoke the entire room was filled with the holy spirit.

Forgiving Like Jesus

The sermon title was quite unusual, what did it mean to forgive like Jesus? did Jesus forgive? were all the questions that were jamming her mind.

The little man, named Pastor Davison spoke for hours and hours about forgiveness, Martha was so gassed up that when the message was complete she was ready to face whatever life threw at her.

" Oh there they are!" Said Maeve with enthusiasm filling her voice.

Martha quickly glanced at who it was that Maeve was so impatient about.

And then she saw the faces she never wanted to see ever in her life, her abusive parents and the brother who once tried to sexually assault her.

However their faces were different now, they didn't seem as cruel as before yet the abuse and attempt of rape were memories she could never overlook.

"Meet the Wilson's" said Maeve with a smile.

Martha could feel the anger rushing up to her veins, her fist we're right in an "I might punch you anytime" kinda position, her hands were almost shivering.

The Wilson's were just as surprised to see Martha, how could they ever forget that naive face of hers.

A glance at her and they were horrified and ashamed about all the things they had done to her.

"How are you Martha" said Mr. Wilson, he surprising hadn't aged very well, her had wrinkles and his lips were pressed together in a line of regret.

Martha made an effort to speak yet the memories chocked her, it almost felt like her memories were made into a rope that was tightly tied around her neck.

Martha finally gave up on trying and chose to walk away, she has been running away from her past for so long it was so hard to face it, she was not ready to face it.

Her walking away made Mr. Wilson sad because they once again felt sinful about the thing God has already forgiven them for.

Maeve didn't understand what was going on, she was just as confused, but Gabriel kind of connected her story and comprehended what was going on.

A/N

Just a few more chapters to go and we'll be done with this book 🎉🎉.
I remember I said there is a lot more, but then I realized I am too attached to the story that I am constantly trying to drag it and bore the readers.

The story is beginning to lose its essence because of my childishness so I am concluding on completing it for good

JESUS LOVES YOU NO MATTER WHAT.