𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

"The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble."

Psalms 9:9
———

" Yes this is my apartment," said Martha pointing towards her right.

Gabriel drove towards it and stopped right before the entrance, when Martha was about to get off he uttered the most unexpected words something that Martha may have never anticipated from a guy like him.

" I k-know you'll be tired of h-hearing it now but if you need a-any help," he said pulling out a small card from his pocket and scribbling something onto it " Just give me a c-c-call any help by that mental help included"

Martha nodded, it has been so long since someone looked out for her, in a lonely world that she was living it felt good to know that someone cared.

''Yeah sure" said Martha, her voice gentle as a whisper.

What a sweet and calming smile he had, it was like God took extra time making him, he had a face that soothed a crying child.

"Why are you guys looking out so much for me?"

Gabriel looked at her surprised like she had just spoken some kind of gibberish, he was blinking in surprise but the smile was still glued onto his face.

"Because You're in need" He replied, giving her an obvious look.

"What are you going to gain helping me?" replied Martha, returning his obvious look.

"Because I don't know we aren't looking for anything in return, we just want to share the love of Christ with everyone"

Martha looked at him as his face lightened up with joy.

"This is my favorite verse," he said scribbling something more on the piece of paper, " the Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble, This verse has stuck with me I hope it sticks with you too''

Gabriel handed over the piece of paper to confused Martha, she looked at the paper bewildered it consisted of his number along with the strange words he had just uttered.

"Ok then it's getting dark and cold, I'll get going'''

''Yeah, bye'' replied Martha waving at him.

she watched the car drive away, and then it stopped she was surprised, did something happen to his car? Did his tire get flat? she wondered.

he looked out at her through stretched neck out the window, ''Happy Birthday once again'' he yelled and drove away.

Martha stood there bewildered, the Avison's without fail leave her speechless with their gestures. With a smile she went to her room, the house looked the same way she had left it proving that Adrian had not come home.

She sat on the dining table eager to write, then suddenly the door unlocked and Adrian walked in, he looked frustrated.

''So it seems like you found a new guy'' said Adrian, a frustrated smirk glued onto his lips.

''He just came to drop me''

''So you went over to his house?'' he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

''It's not what you think Adrian'' said Martha, her voice more stubborn this time.

'' Seems like your love for me has faded away''

''Not once but you have left me for another woman''

''Good that you found out so I don't have to break it down to you, she's moving in soon which means your moving out today, I'm tired of your nuisance, so please leave my house and my life right now'''

''It's almost 11 where do you want me to go'' cried Martha.

''I don't know I don't care, Your not a minor anymore that I should take responsibility of you, I am so tired of being your babysitter I was so blinded by love that once upon a time I was ready to do anything for you, but unlucky me you turned out to be the biggest waste of my time''

Martha looked at him, the eyes which were once filled with love was now replaced with hatred and nothing more, it would be a shame to ask for another night after he is practically kicking her out.

Martha goes inside packs her luggage, laptop, and shoes, she walks towards the door and looks back to find some sympathy in his eyes.

" So this is where it all ends" said Martha a weak smile glued to her face.

" Yes" replies Adrian in a cold and stubborn voice.

A/N

Sometimes God's plan is different from ours he puts us in difficult situations not to break us but to make us learn, sometimes he takes away certain people from our life because he has prepared something better, I know it's hard to trust especially in the season of pain and trial, but the one who made the sun and the stars know and calls you by the name he knows what's best for you so trust in him.