Chapter 8

Yeji

I'm excited as I get settled in. I've never played truth or dare before.

"Okay so house rules are 1) If the two people before you pick truth, you have to pick dare. 2) If you don't want to answer your truth or do your dare, you have to take three penalty shots-" Eunwoo starts to explain, but Jungkook cuts him off.

"She doesn't drink," he says.

"I'll make an exception for this," I say quickly, not wanting to seem lame in front of his friends.

Jungkook turns to glare at me, but I just glare back so he sighs and lets it go.

"Okay, so yeah, penalty shots if you don't wanna do your thing. And 3) You can't keep repeating a truth or dare if someone skips it. Sound good?" Eunwoo finishes.

"Yep!" I say, excited to play.

Eunwoo spins the bottle in the middle and it lands on Mingyu. Eunwoo cheers excitedly, clearly wanting this to happen.

"Truth or dare?" Eunwoo asks.

"Dare," Mingyu says casually.

"I dare you to switch girls with me for tonight," Eunwoo says immediately.

"Bro what? That's not really my decision," Mingyu laughs.

"Do you guys mind?" Eunwoo asks, turning to the girls. They both shrug indifferently.

"Okay fine," Mingyu chuckles. The girls giggle, getting up and switching places to cling to their new boy.

"What the fuck..." I mutter under my breath, only loud enough for Jungkook to hear me.

"I told you, they really aren't the kind of people you wanna play this game with," he leans in to whisper into my ear.

"It's fine. I'm just not used to seeing people be so casual," I tell him. I'm not going to chicken out now.

Mingyu spins the bottle and this time it lands on the girl next to Yugyeom.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to put your hand in Yugyeom's pants until your next turn," Mingyu says.

Once again, I seem to be the only one surprised. The girl does it without any complaints.

The next dare ends with two girls swapping shirts... while everyone watches.

Then it lands on Jungkook.

"Truth," he says, to which everyone groans. I feel like he only chose it so that I wouldn't feel pressured to say dare when it eventually lands on me.

"What really is your relationship with Yeji? Because 'friends' kind of seems like bullshit. You've never had a female friend before. We won't tease you too much if you are dating her or something," the girl asks.

"We are truly just friends," he says flatly, and to my surprise, I feel a little disappointed. So despite all the teasing and flirting, he's really not interested at all?

"Lameeee," Mingyu whines. Jungkook just rolls his eyes and spins the bottle.

"Mingyu, truth or dare?" Jungkook asks.

"Dare."

"I dare you to make out with Yugyeom for 10 seconds," Jungkook says, making me turn to him in shock.

"Bro what the fuck?" Mingyu shouts.

"That's what you get for calling me lame," Jungkook giggles.