Chapter 14

Yeji

"Yeoboseyo?" his voice comes out deep and rough like he just woke up.

"Jungkook? It's 2pm. Are you still sleeping?" I ask.

"I'm hungover," he grumbles, and suddenly I feel bad.

"Ah really? Sorry for disturbing you then," I apologize.

"It's fine, why'd you call?" he asks calmly.

"I- It's nothing. Don't worry about it," I quickly tell him.

"Yeji-ya, if you don't tell me, then you woke me up for no reason," he says, making me feel guilty again.

"I just... Haein went over to a friend's house so I was wondering if you wanted to hang out. But now I know you aren't feeling good, so don't worry about it," I explain nervously.

"No, let's go out. Have you eaten lunch yet? I think some food will make me feel better," he says.

"I haven't eaten," I answer, trying to stop myself from getting too excited.

"Great. I need to shower first, so I'll pick you up in like half an hour?" he suggests.

"Y-yeah, that sounds good," I answer, already scanning my closet to decide what to wear.

"Okay, bye," he says, and then hangs up.

Even though my mind wants to get ready like this is a date, I force myself to keep it casual. We are just friends.

I decide to clean a little while I wait to keep my mind occupied, and shortly after I hear a knock on the door.

I open it with a nervous smile, but the sight before me sends me into a fit of laughter.

"Yah, why are you being so loud? I told you I'm hungover," he whines.

"I'm sorry... You just look like shit right now," I tell him. It's not completely true. His damp hair still looks good the way it falls around his face. And his clothes are the same as usual. But his lips are set in an uncomfortable grimace, and he has dark bags under his eyes, which are squinting at me, probably trying to block out the bright light.

"Well I feel like shit right now, so it's fitting," he sighs.

"Awh, poor baby. Maybe you shouldn't drink so much next time," I tease, patting his head. He just swats my hand away and turns to walk back to his car.

I quickly follow behind him.

"Where do you wanna eat?" he asks once we are seated.

"I don't care. Somewhere that has hangover soup is probably best," I chuckle.

"Actually, if you don't have a preference, I'm craving fried chicken right now," he mumbles.

"Sounds good!" I agree, relaxing back into the comfy seat.

"So was I your plan A or your plan B?" he asks as he starts driving.

"What?" I say, confused.

"Did you ask me to hang out first or did you ask the girls but they were busy? Or maybe I'm plan C and you asked Mr. Park before me too," he clarifies with a laugh.

"Yah, why would I ask Mr. Park to hang out!" I yell, and he winces at the loud noise. I don't feel bad though, he deserves it. "Because you keep saying these things, my brain is starting to think stupid thoughts too," I complain.

"What? What does that mean?" he asks, glancing over at me with a smirk.

"You were my plan A," I tell him.