19. Everyone's Arrival

Molly eventually ran out of questions about school and me and Ron, and we both finished our plates of food. Ron effortlessly cast a spell to wash our dishes and put them away, and he lead me upstairs to show me around.

"This is my room," he said, backing through the doorway to reveal a small wooden room with a bed in the middle and a dresser next to the right wall. There were also a lot of clothes on the floor, which Ron scrambled to clean up once he realized were there.

"I love it," I said, admiring the space around me.

Molly poked her head in the doorway. "Y/n, you'll be sleeping on Ron's bed. Ron, you get the air mattress," she informed us, and Ron rolled his eyes.

"Mum! Why me?" Ron whined.

Molly now fully entered the room and folded her arms. "Because! Y/n is our guest! And she's been nothing but lovely to me, which is something I cannot say for you!" she scolded.

Ron looked down and sighed in defeat as Molly tossed in a deflated air mattress.

"You can blow this up tonight when you go to bed," she instructed before leaving.

Ron turned back to face me. "Wow. Now you've stolen my bed," he shot.

"Sorry!" I laughed. "You can have it. I'll take the air mattress," I offered.

"No no no. I'm only joking. I'll take this," he replied, kicking the deflated and sad excuse for a bed on the floor. He looked up. "So, what do you wanna do today?" he asked, sitting down on his bed.

"I don't know. What do you usually do when you come home for weekends?" I asked, sitting next to him.

"Usually Mum makes us do chores the whole time. It's terrible. But she agreed that she wouldn't do that this time, since you're here."

"And it's just us home?" I asked, wondering about the rest of his six siblings.

"I wish," he snorted. "The rest of the clan should be here any minute. The twins and Ginny, that is."

As if on cue, multiple voices traveled up the stairs from the living room. I got up and looked down the staircase to see Fred, George, and Ginny arguing in front of the sofa.

The floor creaked underneath my steps, and they all looked up. "Y/n!" they exclaimed in unison, running over to the bottom of the stairs.

I greeted them with a smile and returned to the first floor to say hello.

"Hey guys," I said once reaching the last step. I've never really been close with any of the Weasleys, so staying at their house for a weekend was definitely a huge step. But we've always been friendly, and I have a feeling this weekend is going to bring us a lot closer.

"Where's Ron?" Fred asked me. I turned around to see Ron standing at the top of the stairs now. "Hi," he said, trudging down each step slowly.

"I take it you two have already eaten," Ginny remarked, setting her bags down next to her. "I'm starved."

Molly prepared the three of them breakfast while Ron and I sat with them at the table.

"So, what have you two lovebirds been up to?" George asked while elbowing Ron.

"Snogging, I bet," Fred responded.

Ron and I both blushed. "We've just been hanging out," he answered.

His vagueness was obviously very suspicious, because all three of his siblings made the exact same "I-don't-buy-it" face at the two of us.

"It's true!" I defended. "We just ate, and then Ron showed me around."

They still didn't seem to buy it, but they moved on quickly. The four of them chatted about how this trip home was going to be the best since there were no chores to be done.

"Oh Merlin! I almost forgot!" Ginny exclaimed randomly in the middle of their conversation. "Hermione told me about that party Thursday night."

Ron looked around for any sight of Molly before shushing his sister. "What about it?" he asked in a low voice.

"About how you two were snogging in front of everyone. And then how you both went back to your room," she said, eyeing Ron. Fred and George exchanged mischievous glances with one another.

"Shut up, Ginny," Ron scolded, clearly embarrassed.

"So it's true," Fred said.

Ron and my's lack of response was enough of a response for the three of them as they erupted in hoots and hollers.

"We're going upstairs," Ron announced over the sound of their obnoxiousness, standing up and grabbing my hand. I, too, stood up, and followed him up the flight of stairs.

"Sorry about them," he apologized once we'd closed the door to his room. "I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to lie all the time."

"You don't have to apologize. They're fun," I said. It was true. I was having fun hanging with them.

"But they're so bloody annoying! Sometimes I want to tell them we're not even dating just to shut them up."

I froze at his last sentence. Telling everyone, anyone, that information would be humiliating. For both me and Ron.

"We can't do that," I said. "We can't tell anyone."

"No, I know, don't worry. It's just annoying."

We sat in silence for a little while. "What are we gonna do when this is over?" I asked. I couldn't help but wonder. If Hermione and Cedric break up to be with each of us, what would we do?

"We'll fake break up too, duh," he said matter-of-factly. "And then I'll be with Hermione and you'll be with Cedric. And we never have to talk again."

The last part definitely stung. Did he really not want to hang out with me that much? Was he only putting himself through this for Hermione?

"Ouch," I said, trying to be discreet about how that had really affected me.

He laughed and stood up. "Let's go play a card game or something. I'm bored."

I didn't realize my conversation was so boring. Instead of fighting back, I bit my tongue and followed him out of the room and down the stairs.