16. Hermione

A/N: Guys your comments are actually the sweetest things ever. You guys seriously are the best :)

I woke up to a bright light shining in my eyes. I put my hand over my face and squinted.

"What," I groaned instinctively.

"Wake up!" I heard. I opened my eyes to see Ron hovering over me wish a flashlight aimed directly at my face.

I rolled over and laid face down in the pillow.

"Why?" My voice was raspy from it being so early.

"It's Friday! We have class!"

I jolted up at his words as memories and thoughts came flooding back into my mind.

"Oh my god," I said while fumbling to get up and get situated.

While I was looking in the mirror and fixing my appearance, I heard a chorus of laughter from behind me.

"What..." I said turning around to see both Ron and Harry laughing hysterically to themselves.

"We have today off," Ron admitted, holding his stomach.

"You're so annoying!" I exclaimed, dropping my hands by my side.

"I'm leaving. And going back to bed," I grumbled, walking towards the door and marching out. I could still hear Ron and Harry's laughter from outside of their room.

I arrived back at my room and threw myself into my own bed. Just as my eyes closed, there was a knock on the door.

I sat up and glared at the door, hoping whoever it was would go away. I was exhausted.

But they knocked again.

Ugh. It was probably Ron and Harry again.

I threw my covers aside and stormed at the door, ready to scold them both.

"Can you stop!" I exclaimed before the door was fully opened. Right as the words left my mouth, I saw Hermione with a confused look on her face.

"Merlin, Hermione!" I exclaimed. "I thought you were Ron and Harry, that's why I was yelling." I was mortified. Poor Hermione just got screamed at for doing nothing but knocking on my door.

She still looked confused. "They woke me up so early this morning," I yawned, trying to explain my bad mood.

"Y/n... it's 3 PM," she said, looking concerned while holding out her wrist to show me her watch.

"Oh," I said. I guess I was just exhausted from waking up last night.

"Anyway..." Hermione started, changing the subject. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today, or something."

I smiled. "Yes!" I exclaimed. "Of course! I just have to get dressed and stuff," I remarked, looking down at my pajamas which were Ron's clothes.

"Great!" she answered grinning. "We'll meet at the Three Broomsticks in twenty?" she prompted.

"Sounds perfect," I said. She turned around and closed the door behind her.

I quickly threw Ron's clothes in the corner of my room and changed into a T-shirt and jeans, similar to what Hermione had been wearing.

I washed my face with cold water in an attempt to get rid of the bags under my eyes, but I had no such luck. I had to resort to concealer to hide them.

After about twenty minutes, I headed out the door for the Three Broomsticks.

*

Once we were seated, I grabbed the menu from in front of us and scanned the items under the breakfast category. I was not in the mood for dinner food right now.

Hermione looked up at me. "So, how are things with Ron?" she questioned while gazing down at her own menu.

I blushed immediately. "They're good," I said, trying not to sound suspicious.

She raised an eyebrow at my response. "Are you sure? You sound skeptical."

Shoot.

"No, no, I'm sure," I lied.

"Y/n, you can tell me. I told you about Cedric, remember?" she asked. The guilt twanged in my stomach.

"Okay..." I said while breathing out. "It's just, sometimes I feel like I'm in it more than he is." Which was actually true. I like him, and he does not like me. Therefore, I am way more in our "relationship" than he is.

"How so?" she asked while furrowing her eyebrows.

"I dunno. I feel like I enjoy being with him a lot more than he does with me."

Hermione wrinkled her nose. "You have to tell him that!" she encouraged. "You know, I ended up talking to Cedric about what I told you in the library."

Another twang was sent through my stomach. "You told Cedric you were worried about him liking someone else?"

She nodded. "Yeah, and he assured me that he didn't. And now, I feel so much better," she added, taking a sip of her butter beer.

"Wow," I said, looking down at the table. I guess Cedric doesn't like me. To be honest, I was relieved.

"So you're saying I should ask Ron if he likes me as much as I like him?" I asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know if I'd put it like that..." she trailed off hesitantly. "Maybe just ask where he is in the relationship. Just talk about the two of you."

She was actually giving really good advice, if, you know, I was in a real relationship. I appreciated her being so nice.

"Okay, I will," I said, knowing full well that I would never actually do that. "Thank you, Hermione."

She looked proud to have helped me. "No problem."

We spent the rest of the time gossiping and laughing over the most random of things. Hermione and I were becoming great friends.

Suddenly, Harry appeared in the doorway of the restaurant. He spotted the two of us immediately and approached our table.

"Hey guys," he greeted.

"Hey Harry," Hermione answered while I waved.

"What are you guys up to?" Harry asked.

"We're just hanging out," Hermione responded casually.

Harry stifled a laugh. "That's ironic," he muttered, glancing at me. I stared at him coldly.

Hermione looked between the two of us confused, but shrugged off the weird interaction. "What brings you here?" she asked Harry.

"Ron actually sent me on a mission to find y/n," he said, turning to face me.

I wrinkled my nose. "Why?"

"I don't know. He wants to see you. Gross couple stuff," Harry said unpleasantly.

"That's so cute!" Hermione gushed.

"What does he want to do? Because I am so tired," I said, yawning.

Hermione laughed. "How come you didn't sleep much last night?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"I kind of forgot to eat anything at the party last night," I admitted. "So Ron and I got up for a snack in the middle of the night."

Hermione laughed more. "Oh my Merlin, you two are made for each other!" she exclaimed.

Her comment made me feel over the moon. Maybe Ron and I actually would be compatible.

"That's what I said!" Harry added.

How badly I wished they were right.

"Well, I better go find Ron and tell him you're here," Harry said, turning to walk back out the door.

Hermione faced me. "It's the perfect opportunity to talk to him!" she exclaimed, leaning forward on the bench. "I think this will be good for you guys."

I smiled at her advice and nodded, knowing that Ron's real motive to hang out with me was to put on a show and continue with the plan.