25. Revelations

A/N: reading all the comments you guys leave is actually the best part of my day thank you all so so much from the bottom of my heart. also small spice warning in this chapter. and sorry about the cliffhanger last chapter don't hate me :)))

I opened the door expecting to see Cedric and Hermione standing there, ready to report what they had learned.

But standing before me was Ron.

My eyes widened at the sight of him. He didn't speak. Neither did I. I didn't know what to say.

He looked nervous. His hair was a mess and he had huge bags under his eyes. He must not have slept well last night either.

We stared at each other as the seconds ticked by. He looked as though he was trying to form a sentence in his mind before saying it out loud.

"I love you, y/n!" he finally blurted out.

I froze. Of all the things he could've said, I was definitely not expecting to hear that. It took me a moment to process.

"I have for a while now," he confessed, rubbing this back of his neck anxiously while not taking his eyes off me.

I still couldn't answer.

"The whole thing at the burrow, that was bullshit. That night, I let my emotions get the best of me, and I just couldn't control myself around you anymore." His face was bright red.

I don't think my heart was beating anymore. I was too in shock. Ron kept rambling on. "I only kept up with the plan because I wanted to hang out with you still and I was worried that if we stopped-"

"I love you, too," I said, interrupting him.

Ron froze and looked up at me, grinning from ear to ear. I felt my own goofy grin spread across my face.

"Awww," I heard from behind Ron, and we stopped to turn around. There was Cedric and Hermione, smiling as they looked at us.

"Shut up," Ron said, laughing. I laughed too.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Hermione gushed, jumping up and down.

"Me too," Cedric added, throwing his arm over Hermione and pulling her into him.

"What's going on?" we heard from behind them. Ginny poked her head into the room.

"Ron and y/n are in love," Hermione cooed in a sing-song-y voice.

"Called it!" Ginny exclaimed. "I called this. I just knew it," she said while pointing between the two of us.

Ron and I just rolled our eyes.

"Congrats Gin," Ron said sarcastically, grinning at his sister.

"What's everyone gathered around my room for?" said another voice. Harry appeared behind the small crowd that was beginning to form.

"Ron and y/n stopped being stubborn," Ginny teased, and Harry made his way to the front of the doorway to look at us.

"Brilliant! For real this time?" he taunted, earning a couple of laughs from Cedric and Hermione.

"So, you guys aren't mad?" Ron puzzled. The two of them shook their heads.

"Okay, okay. We'll leave you guys be," Hermione said while pushing through everyone to get to the door. She winked at me before pulling it closed and leaving Ron and I alone.

"Ron, why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked, still smitten. I couldn't wipe that stupid grin off my face.

"I thought you liked Cedric! That would've been wrong of me," he said.

"Oh, come on," I said, rolling my eyes. "I was being so obvious that I liked you."

"I was too!" he exclaimed. "Seriously, giving you my sweatshirt? Letting you sleep in my bed all the time?" We both blushed. "I literally made a picnic for you on the grass," he said, holding his hands out. "How could I have been more obvious!"

"I guess I'm more oblivious than I realized," I admitted. "But hey, what about back at your house? When we were playing card games with everyone? You can't blame me for getting the wrong idea."

He looked down at the floor. "I was mad at myself for liking you, because, like I said, I thought you still liked Cedric."

"And when I was yelling at you?" I asked. "When I told you I was in love with you?"

"Okay, I was not expecting you to say that. At all. I was in shock. And, uh, I was too scared to say it back," he admitted shamefully.

I laughed at Ron's rattling on. "It's okay. At least we're together now."

"Yeah, thank Merlin," he scoffed, walking towards me slowly. I backed up until my back was against the wall and our bodies were pressing together once more. "I don't know if I could last any longer without you, y/n."

He began trailing his hands down my body. His fingers lightly grazed my arms back up to my jaw. He cupped my chin in his hands and I felt chills travel down my spine. "This is what I wanted to do to you back home," he said in a low voice, his words sending more shivers down my back.

"Do it then," I responded as he kissed me, his hand still holding my chin.

This kiss, even though it was now our third, was different. Different from the one at the party and the burrow. This one was full of passion and lust that neither of us had exhibited before. We both desperately wanted each other now, and the other knew it.

His hands made their way down the front of my chest and down to the bottom of the T-shirt I had spent today moping around my room in. I took a deep breath in as he lifted it effortlessly over my head and dropped it to the floor. His eyes devoured my body and he smiled.

I reached my hands out and grabbed the top button of his shirt, unbuttoning it smoothly. "You finally got me," he smirked, referring to the day we were late to Snape's class together. I just rolled my eyes and smiled.

I unbuttoned the rest and pushed the shirt off behind him. He smiled as I observed his bare chest. "Don't think I didn't notice you staring when I was changing," he said slyly. I could do nothing but grin as we made our way over to my bed.