Love triangle??

"I love you (y/n), I have for years now, ever since you first joined the team. I want you to be mine. I know this is sudden, but I can't help myself from falling for you..." he said to me sincerely meaning what he said.

"I—I can't, I'm sorry... I don't feel the same way." I said as I turned and walked away.

I never wanted this to happen, I don't want to feel the way I do. I didn't want to hurt anyone, I thought things were okay.

I walked to my room and went to my bathroom, I cried. I felt so guilty. I love pietro, but he doesn't even seem to notice me. Why would I reject the only guy that has ever given me a second thought? All because I'm fixated on a fantasy that won't come true?

As I was lost in thought, I didn't notice someone standing in the walk way and I ran into them.
"Oh! I'm so sorry, I wasn't-.." I look and see pietro.

"It's okay, just watch where you're going next time. We wouldn't want you to fall and get hurt" he said kindly, with a sweet smile.

"I'm part of the avengers, you think I'm going to get hurt just because I bump into something?" I smirk at him, chuckling a little bit.

"Well you are rather small, I wouldn't doubt it.", he gave me a devilish smirk, as if he were challenging me.

"Small?! I am not small! I could take you out if I wanted to, right now!" I huffed at him, glaring.

"Take me out? Well if you wish to do so, I'm free this evening. Where would you like to go?" He said, putting his finger on his chin as if he were thinking hard.

"W-wh—what?! N-no that's not wha— hmm... you know what? I'll pick you up around 7:30, dress casual, I'll see you then" I said walking away, as soon as I turned the corner I started to walk faster as my face became more red by the second.

I go home and i sit on my bed, thinking of Steve, why would he ask me if all people?! Was it a bet? A game? He's a very attractive man, I'll admit, but he's just not my type. Maybe I should've given him a chance... I feel bad. He an understanding guy, surely he won't get upset if I go on this small date with pietro... right? What if it hurts him? I've liked pietro for a long time now... but this is just a casual date like friends right?

I sigh and decide to start getting ready.

Time skip.

I walk to pietros room and knock on the door. He opens it while he's in the middle of putting his shirt on. I blush as I'd caught a glimpse of his toned body.

" (y/n)! Hello!"

"Hey! You ready?" I said with a cheeky smile.

"Yes, well what do you have planned for us this evening?" He said as he closed his door.

"You'll see" I smirked.

————————————————————

"A go-kart track?" He looked at me smiling

"Yeah I thought it'd be fun! Come on!" I said taking him by the hand dragging him to the admission booth.

"Two please!" I said to the man working the booth, while getting out my wallet to pay.

"$40" the man said in a bored tone.

I got my money out and handed it to the man, and he handed us 2 helmets, and lead us to the go-karts.

"This is going to be so fun!!" I said as I put the helmet on.

"You're apart of the avengers, and personally know the tony stark, have access to his tech, and you've fought aliens.... and you're excited about... go-karts?" He said with the most heart warming smile. "You really are something else, you like to make life exciting, that's what I like about you (y/n)"

I looked at him with a genuine smile as my heart fluttered at his words, and then my heart sunk into my chest. What about Steve?

"Well, if you're not living it to the fullest then it's just life, right?" I said trying not to show him that I was feeling kinda down.

"Well the way you put that doesn't make sense, but I get what you're trying to say", he chuckled putting the helmet on, "now... are you ready to lose this race?"

I laughed feeling a bit better.

"You may be fast on your feet, but I can drive anything... even an alien spaceship" I said jumping into my go kart starting it up, "see you at the finish line!!!" I said as I floored it.

"Hey! That's cheating!!" He yelled to me as he jumped into his and took off after me.

—//////////////////—

I ended up winning 2 out of 3.

"Thanks, for taking me out this evening (y/n) I reall appreciate having friends like you!" He said to me, I chuckled and smiled and waved goodbye to him as he closed his door. My heart sunk into my chest, friends... I knew he'd never see me like I see him.

I went to my room, and I passed Steve's room on the way... something made me stop at his door. I sighed and knocked on the door. I waited for the door to open for what felt like forever, and when it finally did open I came face to face with sweet puppy eyes.

"(Y/n)? W-what're you doing here?" He stammered.

"Um, well I just wanted to apologize for the way I reacted earlier, and I think I'd like to reconsider your offer... would you like to go on date with me tomorrow?" I said slightly blushing.

"Of course! Would it be good for you Around 6:30?" He said with the most adorable smile.

"Yeah! Sounds great!" I said chuckling. " okay then, I'll see you tomorrow!" I said walking to my room.

Maybe this is wrong... I feel like I'm using Steve to get over Pietro... but there's nothing wrong with trying with someone I know that likes me right? What if I mess this up?...

A/n: Let me know if y'all wanna part 2 to this? And I'm sorry if I misspelled something, it's 4am and I'm tired and I have Covid...  but pls lmk if y'all wanna part 2 or any other ideas I might not take all idea but some would be great!!