14 | Announcement

hey, hey, hey! how was your week guys?

- - -

''Montague, will you finally stop talking to Pucey and pay attention?'' Snape called out in his, as always, monotone voice.

Montague shut his mouth immediately, while Pucey looked down. Y/n chuckled as she noticed the two's embarrassment. All Slytherins were gathered in Snape's classroom, boys and girls sitting opposite of each other, divided. Snape was in the center of the classroom, a small record player behind him.

''As some of you may know, the Yule Ball is approaching. It's a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to . . . socialize with our foreign guests. The ball will only be opened to fourth-years and above, though you can still invite younger students, if you wish to. You all have to wear dress robes and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, and finishing at midnight at the Great Hall.''

Y/n's face lit up, finally realizing what the dress robes would be for, though now would she have to find a partner to go with? Who does she even want to go with?

Fred, of course.

She shook her head, focusing back on Snape's words.

''The Yule Ball is time for us all to . . . relax,'' he said, disgust lacing his voice. ''But that doesn't mean to slack on standards and behave foolishly, shaming the name of Salazar Slytherin. Now, all of you, on your feet. Quickly find a patner and practice your poor exuses of dancing skills.''

Y/n snorted at Snape's words - she always found his whole character rather amusing - and stood up, along with all the other Slytherin girls. The boys were more reluctant, but soon enough, they got up as well.

Most girls were quick to find partners - Y/n saw Pancy Parkinson making a beeline for Draco Malfoy, and Millicent Bulstrode somehow ended up with Vincent Goyle. Y/n wasn't rushing, though - if anything, she'd prefer if she didn't dance at all.

She wasn't sure if she was happy or sad when Adrien approached her, his hand extended.

''Care to dance?'' he asked, a charming smile on his face.

''I don't really have a choice, do I?'' Y/n asked and took his hand, the two of them standing in the position they noticed the other partners in. They moved to the music, trying their best not to step on each others' feet, though both of them were quite unsucessiful a lot of times.

Fred, on the other hand, was stuck with Lisa Cullen - a fifth year he's never spoken with before - the two of them dancing. Lisa stepped on his feet a few times and after the tenth time, Fred started thinking it was on purpose.

All in all, he wished he could've been dancing with Y/n instead.

''Weasley, Potter, a word?'' McGonagall called when the class ended, both boys stopping mid-step to turn back and look at their Head of the House. ''A word, please?''

Fred told George and Lee he'd find them in the common room, then walked over to McGonagall, Harry following along. The professor waited until everyone was gone before she spoke. ''The champions and their partners-''

''What partners?'' asked Harry.

Professor McGongall looked suspiciously at him, as though she thought he was trying to be funny.

''You parners for the Yule Ball, Potter,'' she said coldly. ''Your dance partners.''

Harry shivered. ''Dance partners? I don't dance.''

''Oh, yes, you do,'' said Professor McGonagall irritably. ''That's what I'm telling you. Traditionally, the champions and their partners open the ball.

Fred knew this was coming - it was obvious, after all - and he couldn't help but envision himself on the dance floor, spinning around with Y/n, who was laughing at a joke he'd said, whilst most of the school watched them-

Maybe, just maybe, he'd fallen too hard.

''I'm not dancing,'' said Harry.

''It is traditional,'' said Professor McGonagall. ''You are a Hogwarts Champion, and you will do what is expected of you as a representative of the school. So, make sure you get yourself a partner, Potter.''

''But- I don't-''

''You heard me, Potter,'' said Professor McGonagall, in a very scary sort of way, before looking at Fred. ''I assume you'll have no objections, Weasley?''

Fred simply grinned and gave her a thumbs up. ''Of course not, Professor.''

Harry and Fred made their way back to the common room, then separated to go to their respective friends. Fred plopped down on the sofa, next to his brother, whilst Lee sat on the armchair - it was an unwritten rule, the way they sat.

''So, who're you guys asking to the Yule Ball?'' asked Fred as he leaned back in the cushions.

''I'm going to ask Katie,'' said Lee, sounding rather nervous, which neither Fred or George expected.

''I'm asking Angie,'' said George, though he sounded confident. ''How about you?''

''Who else?'' asked Fred, as if it were obvious - which it was - and shrugged. ''I'm going to ask Y/n and for once, I'm pretty confident she'll accept. Maybe I'll make my move then.''

Sam, who hadn't been sitting very far from the three sixth-years, looked up from the book he was reading, suddenly listening in on the older boys' conversation after the mention of his sister's name. Well, he assument it was his sister, at least, considering he knew the twins and Lee were friends with her.

He turned around, facing the three. ''You're going to ask my sister to go to the ball with you?''

Fred stiffened, looking towards the first-year, his face pale. He really should've looked around to check who could be potentionally listening in on their conversation.

''Uh . . . yeah,'' Fred said, feeling slightly uncomfortable. ''Why?''

''Nothing, just heard you say it,'' said Sam, now facing the three properly, sensing he was a part of the conversation. ''How are you planning to ask her?''

''I'm not sure yet,'' Fred said, eyeing up the eleven years old. ''You won't tell her I'm going to ask her, right?''

''I won't,'' Sam shrugged. ''But, only in an exchange of a Chocolate Wand.''

Fred scrunched his nose, not believing his crush's brother was demanding payment for his secretness, though, Fred knew that if he was in Sam's place, he would do the same. ''Fine, I have one upstairs. But you promise you won't say a thing, yeah?''