008 - Female Titan Arc : Dying with the Levi Squad ?

"GUNTHER, ELD, PETRA, OLUO, (F/N)! I WILL AVENGE YOU ALL!" Eren declares and at an instant he's already in his Titan form.

I curse to myself. Eren, you and people from the males side should think of a plan before taking offence!

THIRD PERSON POV

Bright light flashes deep into the forest and this catches Levi's attention entirely.

"Didn't the Female Titan already transform? Why did the light appear again..." he widens his eyes when he realizes.

It's not the Female Titan - it's Eren who transformed.

Eren shifting into his Titan meant only one thing to Levi and that was that his squad had failed - his current biggest fear.

"(F/N), Petra, Eld, Oluo, Gunther.." he repeatedly chants in his head.

Grunting, he travels from tree to tree to find out what was truly going on. He was very afraid in the inside but unable to display it to the outside.

"Corporal Levi, where are you going?!" a comrade exclaims but he doesn't answer as he only glides farther and farther away from the man.

And that's when he found the first body of a close friend to him..

..and he found more and more as he flew past them all: Gunther hanging lifelessly, Eld laying on the floor with a leg missing - as Levi continued, on his eyes darkened - Oluo was stretched with majorly concussioned head on the floor, Petra embracing a tree, and (F/N)—

That's when he ended his search party - now knowing everyone was dead.

He looks at (F/N) with a blank stare but he was screaming at the inside, wishing this didn't happen to any of his comrades.

But what he didn't know was that (F/N) was indeed alive just paralyzed. Her eyes were shot wide open as she stared straight into the nothingness and she was unable to move.

"Levi.. help," she internally pleads but he can't hear her.

He takes the Survey Corps from her chest and puts it to his heart before stuffing it gently into his pocket. Now the Female Titan will pay.

Levi bends on one knee and puts his soft hands on (F/N)'s eyes, closing them for her to rest in peace.

He wonders what would happen if he could just... remove her mask. But he felt like she'd haunt him forever if he did so he decided to respect her privacy.

This meant he'd never know what someone very special to him looked like and he'd be kept awake every night wondering what would've happened if he did bring it upon himself to remove that mask of hers.

But does it really matter now? He's lost too many important people to him already.

He gives her a disheartened but a sweet smile before setting off to finish off his Squad's murderer.

"Faster!" a Survey Corps shrieks as a Titan inches nearer and nearer to them.

"WE'RE DONE FOR! IT'S GAINING ON US!" another cries.

Levi, with his horse, positions himself beside the carriage. "Throw the bodies. It's the only way!"

"Sir, are you crazy?!" one tries to argue. "My friend and I can just attack the Titan to buy you guys some time—"

"There's no point, the bodies are just going to be extra weight upon us." Levi sustains his calmness. "Consider this their last service for the Survey Corps."

"But sir.."

"Do you know how many corpses were left behind? These aren't special. Just do as your told."

"Are we seriously doing this?!" the younger one asks, holding a body.

The older one takes one final look at the Titan that was catching up and shuts his eyes. "Dump the bodies."

Immediately, bodies are being thrown off the carriage one by one and the Titan slows down each time.

"IT'S WORKING, WE'RE LOSING IT!" the younger one rejoices.

Levi looks back and everything goes to slow motion. The next body thrown was Petra's. One of the closest girls to him - she was like a sister in his eyes. He bites his lip at this and tells himself to stay strong as he directs his horse to move faster.

When he realizes one of the Survey Corps members holding your body, getting ready to throw it next, he stops them.

"Stop! We've thrown enough bodies. We can still save these ones."