021 - My Mask

It was getting darker as I looked at a stupid person lying on the floor with his left leg maimed - one of Kenny the Ripper's comrades.

"Please, let me live." he begs with a shakily hoarse voice. "Have mercy on me!" I sigh before taking a sword from my ODM gear and aiming it at him. "Wait.. wait, wait! Please—"

Before he could complete his sentence, my sword is already pierced through his heart. When the guy's eyes suddenly dilate, I retract my weapon and look at him once more.

"Didn't he ask you to have mercy on him?" Luka points out from beside me. He stares at the body with remorse.

"He obviously wasn't going to live any much longer," I reply as I dust dirt off my Survey Corps outfit after putting my swords in their holsters. "And even if I did let him live you think the other Regiments would go easy on him?"

Luka opens his mouth to reply but nothing leaves his lips when he realizes I'm right.

"(F/N), Luka!" Vale lands on the area in front of us. "We need to retreat back to the cabins! Hange's orders."

I sent Vale out to scan the district and look for anyone with high authorization. I'm glad that the Section Commander is alright.

"Okay," I nod. "Did they retrieve Eren and Historia?"

Vale gulps when I ask this. "Unfortunately, no. But they apparently have a lead."

Eren must be very special to get kidnapped this many times, eh? That situation doesn't even worry me anymore as I know we'll get them back in a jiffy.

"Okay, I'll head there right now." Luka nods at Vale. "How about you, (F/N)? You need to get going as well."

"Hm? Yeah. We should leave," I say after looking back at the mess Kenny's group created.

Althea, Claude, and Valencia then greet us. "The place is clear. We're safe.. for now," Valencia informs.

I hum. "Cadets, you all did very well in your first mission as apart of (F/N) Squad. When we get back, I'll treat you all to dinner."

They all look at each other with surprised expressions. "For real?!" Althea squeals, jumping up and down.

"For sure." I laugh and they all celebrate, dancing around as Valencia only smirks at me.

"You know, I feel like we'd appreciate it more if y

I look at the Town's Bell and see that it was getting late. "We need to go back," I begin, cutting off their celebration. "The time's ticking and Hange isn't a very patient person."

Their ODM gear's sounds ring my ear, signalling my cue. I initiate my grappling hook and am right behind them in no time.

As we glide, I look down the area and see the damage we've caused to the place. So this is why the Military Police hate us so much - they always have to clean up our messes that are supposed to occur outside the Walls.

It's not our faults, though. Us Scouts are supposed to deal with the Outside of the Walls yet we have to help with the Inside since the Military Police are too corrupted and stupid to deal with their own problems.

I don't even get why the Citizens hate on us so much. We're trying to help them. It's not that easy, you know.

It's 10x more unfair when a lot of the people start fangirling over Captain Levi when he appears. 'Ahh, Captain Levi! Our saviour!' I mock. Like - shut your mouths. People fangirl over him then the next thing we know they start talking shit.