011 - The Way You Looked At Me

I lay wide awake on my bed as my mind was still far too hyper to fall asleep. The struggle to get some shut eye would never end since there's always something that keeps me up at night... and right now, it was Levi.

I couldn't help but think of that short man, his face was engraved into my brain and his voice is a never-ending echo to my ears even when he's nowhere around me. His name was even like a song to my lips.

My heart races and I get butterflies in my stomach when I think about him. Tell me (F/N), what the hell do you find so special about Captain?

I glance around my room and it was as empty as it was when I first came here if it weren't for the fact that I got new clothes along with my Survey Corps outfit but this shared house still felt so empty. It's probably because the rest of Levi Squad aren't here anymore...

At this time around in the Castle, Gunther would be barging to ask me if I wanted to go shopping with him which I'd refuse every single time to his dismay.

I wasn't sure myself as to why I kept rejecting his offers to spend some time together. Every time he came to me, I only thought of the person who led us. Captain Levi is the only one I had eyes for.

Someone suddenly knocks on my door and I already know it's Levi since he's the only other person who was living to inhabit this abode. I tell him to come in after putting on my mask.

"Hey, (F/N)." he tiredly greets as he opens the door. He looks around my room with an amused expression before letting himself in whilst limping, "you're awake."

His walk was kinda funny because of his broken leg but it's not like he could do anything about it so I brushed the giggles off.

"In times like this, who'd be able to sleep?" I get up from my bed to let my legs hang over the edge.

"You're right," he nods. "Well, I got letter from Commander Erwin regarding you.." about me? What did I do? The suspense is already killing me, "and he'd like to ask you a question."

I fold my arms before speaking once again. "Sure, ask away." I try to nonchalantly express.

"Erin is thinking of promoting you into a Captain so—" I cut him off when I choke on my own saliva. The Commander wants me to lead a squad? To order them around and lick my own team?

"What?! Me? A Captain?!" I wheeze out and he rolls his eyes. "Bitch, I don't even know how to properly interact with humans. I've grown up as a lone wolf."

"Tch, it wasn't my idea." he scoffs. "So what do you say?"

I begin nibbling on my lower lip and fidget on my bed. Dammit, let me think! "I'll think about it."

"Fair enough," he quickly replies but is obviously not satisfied with my answer as per shown in his face. He walks over to my resting area, pats it and seats himself. "So you're an insomniac as well?"

I pause to think for a bit, the last time I had proper sleep was so many years ago. "I guess so."

He simply nods at my reply and what he does next makes me blow a raspberry. "Oi, what are you doing?"

Levi now has himself lying down with his back facing the wall on my bed. "I'm going to sleep," he then pats the spot beside him. "Come here."

I scoff and show him an irritated expression to hide my fluster. "This is my bed."

"Well, this bed of yours is in my house so suck it." he retaliates and I had nothing else to say, letting him ultimately defeat me.

I pettily place myself on the only free spot, my back positioned towards him. Now it's silent. This awkward ordeal is not helping me sleep at all so I decide to break the silence. "How's that leg of yours?"

"It's healing pretty fast," he assures me. "You don't need to worry about it," I nod.

Catching me off guard, Levi wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer and closer to his body until I am completely engulfed by his warmth. "L-Levi?"

A deep exhale leaves his mouth and into my neck which causes me to shiver

A deep exhale leaves his mouth and into my neck which causes me to shiver. He nuzzles his face into my neck before speaking. "You felt it, too. Didn't you?"

I knew exactly what he meant.

As I recollect the memories from earlier, the an ethereal moment whilst he and I gave a short glance at each other, my mind goes crazy. I did feel something - I felt sensations.

"Answer me." he deadpans and a struggled sigh leaves my mouth.

"Yes," I finally admit and he's content with my answer. "But I'm not really a 100% sure as to what it was in all honesty."

"Me neither," he honestly replies. "But I think I have an idea of what it means and I kinda like the idea."

"W-what?" I curse myself for stuttering but he only replies to me with an evil grin. I couldn't even bother to ask him what that was about - I was too distracted by his warmth.

I didn't know why I let him overtake me so easily. I was typically not an easy person to crack but Levi was a whole different story. Our bodies felt like puzzle pieces that fit perfectly together as we lay down.

I snuggle closer to him and his arm around me tightens. "Good night, (F/N)."

Shit, he's really sleeping with me? I have sleep with my mask all night? I exhale in defeat, "good night, Levi."

And with that, after many years of failing to do so, I let my eyes close and drifted to sleep in his arms.