014 - Utgard Castle, Goodbye Mike Squad

I race all over, looking for where Mike's Squad is. "Damn, it."

There has been a breach announced somewhere in Wall Rose and in that same area was where the new recruits and Mike's squad stayed.

I reel myself to the highest tree I could find and stand on top of it, using only my mere naked eyes as a search party.

I then notice an abandoned castle almost toppling over from not too far along. What was weird was that there were several titans surrounding the area so there must be hostages in there.

Grunting, I aim at the castle and pull myself towards it. "Guys, a scout!" I look down, as I glided over I see the new cadets.

I land on the middle of the castle and look at the young people. "Is this a death sentence? Where are all your gears? Where are your superiors?"

"We were instructed to evacuate without suiting up," Reiner Braun answers a part of my question.

"Okay, how about Mike Squad? Are they alright? Have they set out to find help?" I question as walk towards the edge of the castle to inspect the area.

I notice that the teenagers could only look at me with either an empathetic or guilty expression, bewildering fills me.

I clear my throat and try to brush their gloomy auras off. "It's a good thing I'm here, the Mike Squad won't need to worry about you cadets anymore."

"Mike Squad have honourably sacrificed their lives for us," Reiner announces and I freeze. "They fought until their last breaths.."

They're.. they're dead?

Not the Mike Squad.. not them too.

My eyes dim as I look at the crowded Titans below. How dare they..

"Come on, (F/N)!" Gelgar exclaims, thrusting a glass of bear into my chest. "Join the fun!"

Him, Thomas, Henning, and Lynne sing to each other in their drunken states as I awkwardly watch. "You're all embarrassing us in front of the newbie," Nanaba groans.

I turn to look at Mike, who was sitting beside Nanaba, dizzily staring at our table. He finally got drunk after giving into Gelgar's multiple bribes.

"I still don't know why you all called me here," I begin as I stared at my glass. "I have duties to fulfill for the Walls."

"Duties specifically from Colonal Levi, right?" Nanaba rests her jaw on her hand and I tense. "It's awfully peculiar how close you both got in a span of weeks."

"It's unusual for me too," I shrug. It was weird but it felt right after some time. Levi and I have some sort of surreal connection - we can even communicate through our eyes in battle.

"You know, I'm still not used to this." Nanaba confesses as she lifts and drink up and stares at it.

"Used to what?"

"When I first met you, you were an unrighteous serial killer who easily beat Gelgar and I down," I chuckle at her sentence. "And now, you're here as a Scout.. we're all working together now."

"You've changed a lot, (F/N)!" Gelgar admits before chugging on beer again. "It's strange that we're all chill with each other all of a sudden!"

Nanaba rolls her eyes at her friend before looking at me once more. "(F/N), we actually called you here to join us as a truce." I raise my eyebrow at this. "You may not trust me or Mike Squad yet but we do in fact trust you. We did hold grudges against you for the longest time because of our first meeting but now I could care less about it."