iii

Akaashi's bedroom door bursts open and he quickly glances over at it. "Shit, I didn't know you were changing." Konoha defends, shielding his eyes and making his way out the door.

Akaashi gives him an embarrassed look, but tries to play it off as best as he can. "I'm only shirtless, chill out. Why are you here, anyway?"

Konoha slowly eases back into Akaashi's bed room and closes the door behind him. "Have you been speaking to Bokuto Koutarou?"
"I think so, yeah. Did something happen to him?"
"He asked me about the incident."

Akaashi's face goes pale. "Did you tell him about it?.."
"Of course not, dude. Apparently he lost a bet and his dare was to ring you."
"I know that, yeah."

He flashes Konoha a look of concern, intense anxiety rushing over him as he worries that maybe Bokuto knows something about him. "What else does he know?"
"Nothing, really. Just whatever you've told him."

They sit down on Akaashi's bed where he starts to play around with his fingers. Konoha picks up on this and gives a simple suggestion for his struggling friend. "Message him." Akaashi does exactly as he says, dragging his phone off his bedside table.

starboy: hey bokuto

bokutowl: hi! (*^▽^*)

starboy: how was school?

bokutowl: it was fine. A girl just transferred and she seems nice :)

starboy: is this a crush? ;)

bokutowl: haha no

starboy: did anything else happen in school?

bokutowl: not really

Akaashi looks up at his best friend with a painful expression. "How do I bring it up?"
"I don't think you should, Akaashi. It would just make him more inclined to ask about what happened and, by the looks of things, you're not ready to tell him."

Akaashi bites his lip and types back, attempting to keep the conversation as drama free as possible.

starboy: isnt there a school disco next week?

bokutowl: yeah. Are you going with anyone from school?

starboy: dont know yet. are you going with this new girl?

bokutowl: i think shes got enough people trying to hint at it o(╥﹏╥)o

starboy: thats a shame. I hope you find someone.

bokutowl: yeah. I was planning on asking my friend Konoha but he told me he was going with some girl called Annie :/

starboy: evil konoha >:(

Konoha punches Akaashi's arm with slight force, amused at the joking. "You let the poor boy down." Akaashi laughs. Konoha leans back ever so slightly, mumbling an, "it's not my fault Annie asked me first."

Akaashi hesitates to ask. "What if he asks me to go with him, Konoha?"
"Just accept it. If you do meet then say you don't want to talk about what happened. Doubt he'll ask, anyway. The dude's pretty good at respecting boundaries."