vii

The next part of the prom date consists of the photoshoot. Bokuto and Akaashi stare at the set in front of them in slight reluctance, completely drawing a blank in terms of what poses they should do.

The photographer calls them on, adjusting his camera settings and fixing the lighting from his previous clients. Bokuto looks around like a lost puppy, desperate to find something that would make the photo worthwhile, but nothing comes to mind on what to do or use that wouldn't make the end result look desperate.

The photographer takes it into his own control, cautious about his time limit as he still has multiple other couples to get through before the night ends. "Black haired boy, how about you sit on the moon chair? Left leg resting on it and right leg raised. Drape your right arm over your right knee, resting it on your kneecap and let your left arm fall."

Akaashi awkwardly complies before adjusting his posture several times until the cameraman is satisfied with how it looks through the viewfinder. Bokuto is sent to stand facing him as he rests his body against a support pole. The photographer tries to work out angles, but realises that both the boys are too far away from each other to fit into frame.

"Uh, tall guy, move closer towards him. Maybe just, uh-" He scratches his head and pauses in silence, unsure what pose to make him do. "What do the couples normally do?" Bokuto asks, trying to brainstorm for any ideas. The cameraman continues to stare through his viewfinder.

"Honestly, they just kiss most of the time. Treasure their memories and whatnot. Don't think I've had a couple tonight not be all affectionate." The man replies, quickly checking his watch.

"We have to wrap this session up in about a minute. I have about forty more couples to get through." Bokuto scowls at the man's slightly unprofessional manner before pouting at Akaashi as he wants a photo.

"You want a photo, don't you?" Bokuto nods, still pouting. "I don't know what poses to do, Akaashi."
"We can be affectionate, Bokuto, I don't mind."

Bokuto's entire demeanour changes and Akaashi can almost imagine the sparkles appearing around the sides of him to match the newly formed grin on his face. "Really, Akaashi?" He double checks.

"Yeah, we may as well get a photo together while we're here." Akaashi responds, secretly gushing as he gets the opportunity to show Bokuto affection.

"You're the best, Akaashi. What do you want to do? Hug? Kiss? Or we could even-" The photographer interrupts Bokuto. "If you two kiss, I have the perfect photo idea."

Bokuto looks like a little kid, ecstatic about being able to get a prom photo, but also at the notion that he gets to kiss his crush. "That's fine by me, Bokuto. You good with that?" Akaashi breaks out into a small smile, realising that their first kiss will be there on picture to look back at forever.

"Yes! What should I do, Mr. Photo Man?" Bokuto asks, awaiting orders. "Stand at the end of the chair. Lean over and kiss him, but make sure you consider your posture. You don't want to be slouching over too much."

Bokuto does his best to follow the instructions, working on his posture first. Akaashi raises his head slightly, looking at his date only centimetres apart from him. The slight whiff of cologne takes Akaashi off guard and is enough for him to close the gap between the two, no longer caring about the perfection of the photo.

Bokuto smiles and cups Akaashi's face gently before breaking contact under orders from the photographer. "Name and details here. I'll email you the photos and forms to order it professionally. Thanks."

Bokuto fills the form in before walking off alongside Akaashi in complete silence. They walk out of the venue to catch some fresh air, sitting at a dimly lit lamppost that wasn't bombarded with teenagers pouring alcohol and boasting about how they're rebelling against their parents.