ix

Akaashi follows the directions given to him on the Sat-Nav, curious as to how long Bokuto will be driving for. The two boys left Akaashi's house an hour and a half ago to attend the training camp based in Tokyo.

Bokuto had got special permission to invite Akaashi along, with the deal to see if Akaashi is suitable at being a setter, Fukurodani's current setter having to take a leave of absence due to an ankle injury.

Bokuto can barely contain his excitement as he explains to Akaashi what the four day trip will ential. Akaashi does his best to remember as much as he can, being able to match the Nekoma name to the jersey and something about Karasuno having a hyper orange kid and unphased middle blocker.

Akaashi knows the Aoba Johsai name immediately as Bokuto tries to give him a heads up about Oikawa's more than likely presence. He doesn't pay much notice to him, anymore as all he cares about is being with Bokuto. "This is the training camp. The rest of the team should be here soon, so if you want to, we can place all our belongings in the dorm?"

Akaashi follows Bokuto who knows the camp like the back of his hand, having been there two years previous. They claim the spot farthest away from the curtains, Bokuto very adamant on not being woken up by the blinding sun or too much heat warming him up in his futon.

Akaashi and Bokuto place their futons down before setting their belongings on top for easy identification. Bokuto draws Akaashi into his embrace, his hands wrapped around Akaashi's waist. Akaashi raises his hands so that he can place them upon Bokuto's neck.

"How are you feeling about the training course, Akaashi?"
"Excited, but nervous. I'm just waiting for the moment I get hit with a volleyball."

Bokuto stifles a laugh. "It doesn't hurt as bad as you'd think. I can't believe you're committing to being a setter just so you can spend some time with me and my hobby."
"It's much more to you than a hobby. Besides, giving the sport a go will make me truly appreciate your skills."

Akaashi gets on his tip-toes, just about tall enough to place a kiss on Bokuto's lips. Bokuto crouches down slightly, kissing him for a few seconds before lingering and breaking the kiss off. "Akaashi, we're going to have to hold off the kisses. I don't want someone to find out and not be OK with the tho-"
"I understand, Bokuto."

Bokuto reluctantly separates himself from Akaashi. "I love you so much." Akaashi immediately freezes, this being the first time he's ever heard those words come out of Bokuto's mouth. He fails miserably to hide his blush as he says an "I love you, too, Bokuto" in response.

Bokuto gives Akaashi a final quick kiss before deciding to leave the dorm room and introduce Akaashi to the other schools. Their first destination is the kitchen where Karasuno are all gathered together, eating the food provided at the canteen.

"Hey, Bokuto!" A voice calls. Everyone looks up and wait patiently as the two boys make their way over. "Hey, Nishinoya. How have you been?"
"Good! Who's this? One of the new first years?" Nishinoya asks, smiling at Akaashi.

"No, Akaashi is here to be a substitute for our setter. It's his first time playing volleyball, but we're going to give it our best."
"It's nice to meet you, Akaashi. I'm Nishinoya Yuu, Karasuno's very own libero. Guys introduce yourselves."

"Daichi Sawamura. Karasuno's captain."
"Sugawara Koushi. Setter, just like you."
"Asahi Azumane. Ace."
"Tanaka Ryuunosuke, but you can call me Tanaka-senpai. I'm whatever you want me to be, baby."
"Ignore him, he's stupid. Ennoshita Chikara and we're both wing spikers, for the record."
"Kinoshita Hisashi. Also a wing spiker."
"Kazuhito Narita. Middle blocker, but also designated bench warmer."
"Kageyama Tobio. Setter."
"Hi, Akaashi!!! I'm Hinata Shouyou, middle blocker!"