x

Akaashi nervously steps forward, his aim to locate Yamaguchi after his match against Nekoma. Bokuto agreed to let Akaashi talk alone with the pinch server and decided that he would talk to Kuroo before returning back to training.

Akaashi spends about fifty seconds wondering around aimlessly until he comes across Kinoshita and Tanaka. "Hi, uh, sorry to disturb you two, but is Yamaguchi about?" Tanaka immediately puffs out his chest, trying to act like he's more buff than he actually is, earning a snort from Kinoshita who's not even attempting to hide his judgemental amusement.

"Yeah, he should be at the water fountain with Tsukishima. Go down this hall and it's the second turning on the left." Akaashi bows quickly before speed walking towards the destination. Once he gets closer to the turning he slows down, not wanting to come across as weird.

He notices Tsukishima first, his tall stature something not many people can avoid. He's filling up his water bottle and scoffs at something Yamaguchi says. Tsukishima mumbles something, causing Yamaguchi to turn around and smile.

"Hey, Akaashi, do you need the water fountain? We have eight more bottles to fill, so we shouldn't be too much longer." Yamaguchi points to the line of yellow spots bottles, his smile faltering ever so slightly. "Not yet, but there is something I wanted to talk to you about."

Tsukishima shoots him a glare, but Akaashi decides not to take it personally and ignore his presence. "Sure! What is it?" Yamaguchi passes Tsukishima another bottle, labelled Kiyoko, who immediately begins unscrewing the cap.

"Forgive me if I"m wrong, but I've heard you and Tsukishima are open about being in a relationship together? I was just... I was just wondering how I could do the same? My boyfriend is pretty worried about me getting hurt, but I don't want to keep our relationship a secret."

Yamaguchi blinks slightly, looking at a shocked Tsukishima and then to an embarrassed Akaashi. "Why is he worried about you getting hurt?"
"Well, he told me because everyone here is so strong compared to me, he's fearful that it'll result in me getting attacked."
"So, you're dating someone from the training camp?"

Akaashi's heart begins to beat rapidly immediately after hearing and processing the question. He does his best to stay positive, knowing that if he goes through with being open about his relationship, questions like this should become normal. "Bokuto and I are together." He admits.

"Oh, you two do look cute together! Tsukki and I were in a similar boat when we began dating. I was bullied a lot as a kid, so he was concerned it would mean that there was something else people could use against me. It was fine to begin with until Tsukki began getting love letters and random confessions during our lunch time together. One girl wouldn't stop nagging him and was becoming quite aggressive, so I just kissed Tsukki in front of her. Ever since then, we didn't really care. The school knows about us dating, but the most we get are throwaway comments."

Yamaguchi passes Tsukishima another bottle, apologising for the delay in doing so. "Just be yourselves. People are going to be cruel for multiple reasons, but that doesn't mean you're in the wrong. Life is short, so embrace it."

Akaashi thanks them before walking away, leaving the two to continue finishing their duties. He immediately rushes back to the sports hall and towards Bokuto. "Akaashi, did everything go OK?" Akaashi hugs him and nods as he burrows in Bokuto's chest.

"He was super helpful. Bokuto, please can we be honest about us?" Bokuto rests his chin on the top of Akaashi's head then tightens his embrace around Akaashi's waist. "Akaashi, I love you so much. If this is what you want, we can, but promise me you'll be safe."

Kuroo pats Bokuto's back before announcing him and Kenma are going to rest up in their dorms. They both walk off, Kuroo having to guide Kenma away from walking into the gym door as he's focusing on his game more than his surroundings.