Elizabeth

I was watching Peter as he examined the sword with such excitement and awe. Peter will be a great king for Narnia. 

I get out of my thoughts when Father Christmas calls my name. I'm left in confusion and shock. I am not important. I shouldn't get anything. 

He turns to me and tells me, "Follow me."

As he takes out a scroll, we are a few feet away from the group but I can still feel Peter's emotions of bravery and joy for some reason. 

Father Christmas finally says, "Aslan ordered me to give you this once I found you with the kings and queens."

I look at him confused so he continues saying, "Elizabeth, have you been feeling any connection towards Peter?"

I look at him with suspicion and say, "Um..well..sometimes. I can feel his emotions; like our hearts and minds are connected somehow."

He smiles at me and starts reading the scroll. "Elizabeth Shadow-Guardian, once you meet the kings and queens, you will feel your mind and heart connected to one of the kings. Your soulmate. Peter Pevensie is your soulmate and you are his."

What?!

I look at him with shock at these words so he explains''You can feel Peter's emotions as he can with you because he is destined to be your soulmate as you are with him..."

I look at him with wide eyes as he says, "I know it's very confusing but once you arrive to Aslan's camp, he will explain it better to you and For now, do not tell Peter."

I give him a nod of agreement as I head back to the others. Still shaken to what I've received. Is this supposed to be my gift? Thanks a lot, Aslan.

 I go back to the others and stand next to Lucy as she looks up at me in confusion and says, "You don't get anything Lizzy?"

I look at her with a small smile, trying hard to hide my surprise from a few moments ago. "No dear. Some people are more special and more important than others...."

She looks at me and gives me a weak smile; understanding what I mean. 

I then hear Peter's voice say, "I don't agree."

I turn back to look at him as he stares at me with a different kind of shine in his eyes. Whenever he stares at me, I can feel his emotions of love and admiration.

 I quickly look away as Father Christmas says to all of us, "Well I should get going. Winter is almost over, and my job isn't done yet. Long Live Aslan." He waves goodbye as he rides off.

 I hear Peter's voice say, "Did you hear what he said? Winter is almost over."

I turn to him and realize what he meant as I say, "No more ice."

We all quickly run to the lake and see that the ice was melting already. I see Peter grab Lucy's hand and say, "We need to cross now." Peter starts his way down but Susan quickly argues back saying, "Wait! Shouldn't we think about this for a minute?"

Peter turns back around as he gives her a glare and says, "We don't have a minute."

Susan looks at him surprised as she says, "I was just trying to help."

Peter looks at her with annoyance. "No, you're trying to be smart. Like always." 

Susan was going to argue back, but I cut in before the scene escalates. "Right now is no time for arguing. Please, we need to cross now!"

They all look at me and nod in agreement. Peter goes forward stepping on the ice but it only falls because of his weight.  He quickly steps back as Mr. Beaver comes up and says, "I think I should go first."

Peter looks at him and says, "Maybe you should."

Mr. Beaver goes and starts to tap with his tail to see where it is stable to walk. I start walking to where Mr. Beaver said it is safe as Peter held Lucy close to him behind me, and Susan walked along side Mrs. Beaver just behind Peter. 

Suddenly a wolf jumps out of nowhere and pins Mr. Beaver down with it's paw. I quickly push Peter back and take out my sword once I see Maugrim come down. 

I see Peter take out his sword as well, even though he doesn't know how to use it. 

Maugrim then starts to bribe him by saying, "Oh come on. You know you don't have it in you. All my queen wants is to grab your family and brother and leave in peace." 

I glare at Maugrim as I say, "Shut up Maugrim! All you care about is killing and having blood all over your mouth."

He turns to me and sends me a glare. "And for so many years I wanted that blood to be yours in my mouth."

I hear Susan say to Peter, "Maybe we should listen to him."

I look back and say, "Don't!"

Maugrim answers with a scoff saying, "I see who is the smart one in the group."

I glare at him with anger as I hear Susan tells to Peter, "Just because someone hands you a sword doesn't make you a hero! Just drop it!" I turn to Peter as he stares at me. I shake my head indicating to not listen to his sister. 

I hear Mr. Beaver shout, "Don't Peter! Narnia needs you!" I then hear Lucy gasp as she says, "Peter!" 

We all look up and see the river is shattering. 

I hear Peter scream, "Hold on to me!" He stabs his sword on the ice. I quickly run to him and grab his arm as Lucy was holding on to me tightly. We look up as the cold freezing water covers us. I hold my breath as we get pulled up from the freezing water to the surface.

 I feel Lucy start slipping. I try to grab her, but she falls. I quickly let go of Peter as I dive in for her. Once I find her, I grab her and pull her close to me as I hug her tightly not letting her go. With all my aching strength from the cold water, I try swimming to shore. 

We both arrive alive and breathing. I see that Lucy doesn't have her coat on so I take mine off and put it on her. 

I hear Peter's voice saying, "Lucy! Lizzy!" At that moment, I feel a rush of fear and worry that I know it is coming from Peter. I lightly push Lucy for her to go to her siblings. 

She goes and says, "Has anyone seen my coat?" I giggle at her comment as I start following her to the rest of the siblings. Susan goes up to her and puts the tiny coat on as Peter comes up to me and envelopes me in a warm hug.

 I am shocked at first. My muscles tense up at the first touch of his warmth, but I then hug him back. I suddenly feel safe in his strong arms while they were wrapped around me. 

He pulled away and looked at me with relief all over his face, but still gives me a small smile as he says, "I was so worried! I thought you drowned."

I chuckle at this. "It will take more than a freezing water to get rid of me, Peter."

He chuckles lightly at my words. A hint of a blush starts in his cheeks and I my cheeks start to burn up as well. Unfortunately, we both turn away from our gaze and look at Mr. Beaver as he says, "Don't worry, dear! Shadow Guardian will take good care of you." 

I look at Mr. Beaver and then back at Peter with a tender smile. "All of you.... I will take care of all of you. I promise."

Mrs. Beaver then speaks up saying, "I don't think you will be needing those coats anymore."

I look at the forest as I see flowers blooming and the snow starting to melt, bringing spring to Narnia. We start to walk as I saw the Pevensies hang their coats in the nearest tree branch for it to dry. For some reason, my eyes land at Peter and a smile start at my lips as I watch hang his coat as I wait for him to catch up. 

I then look ahead and see from afar the tents of Narnian warriors readying themselves for battle. A determination runs through my veins at the shining sun making the golden lion design shine with pride.

These are my people. This is were I belong. Fighting for a free Narnia.