Chapter 10

"hey yang sorry we haven't talked in a while I've been busy so what's up?" Ruby asked. "Hey sis just wanted to call...did...did you talk to dad...?" Yang asked hesitantly. "Yeah...I did...." Ruby responded sadly.
"I was wondering after school I'll pick you up and we can go talk to dad... together," Yang suggested. Even though Ruby couldn't see her face she knew Yang was smiling.
"I'd like that sis...see you tomorrow...I love you," Ruby said warmly. "Love you too sis," yang said hanging up the phone. Ruby set her phone down "was that your sister?" Weiss asked causing Ruby to turn her head. "Yeah...she's gonna pick me up tomorrow...hey! Maybe she can meet you!" Ruby suggested lying back down with a enthusiastic smile. Weiss became nervous "y...you want me to meet your s...sister!?" Weiss asked worried about if yang wouldn't like her.
"Yeah we've been dating for almost 3 months! You should meet her I know she's going to love you!" Ruby cheered caressing Weiss's cheek. Weiss let out a relaxed sigh as she placed her hand over Ruby's. "Ok...well...if she's anything like you than I know it'll go well." Ruby smiled kissing her forehead. "That's the spirit! Now...let's get some sleep in exhausted..." Ruby groaned falling back on the bed with a small oof.
Weiss booped her nose with a playful smile as she cuddled close. Ruby switched off the lights and the two fell asleep.

The next morning

Ruby woke up early to get ready for school which was unusual for her. It was usually Weiss who woke up early and would drag Ruby out of bed.
Ruby made Weiss coffee and got whitly his lunch. Weiss walked down the stairs hearing Ruby washing plates. "Ruby?" Weiss asked in a groggy voice as she rubbed her eyes. Ruby turned with a large grin "morning princess! I made you some coffee," Ruby said handing Weiss a mug full of hot coffee. Weiss starred at it for a moment before starring up into Ruby silver orbs.
"I...thank you Ruby.... you're the best," Weiss thanked kissing her cheek lovingly. Ruby grinned like the dork she was and sipped her own coffee.

At school

Ruby sat in class taking notes she sighed feeling extremely board. She glanced at Weiss who sat in the front while she sat in back. "Ughhh...why can't I sit near her..." Ruby groaned in her head. She leaned back scratching her neck watching as Mr. Prime gave his lecture. The silver eyed girl glanced out the window. She watched as the world went by she started thinking about her dad. "I hope he makes it..." Ruby thought her mood saddening. The bell rang but Ruby was to lost in thought to notice. Weiss walked over to her looking confused. "Um...Ruby? You in there?" Weiss asked waving her hand Infront of Ruby's face.
Ruby snapped out of her daze "o...oh uh...Sorry Weiss I was just... thinking..." Ruby apologized scratching the back of her head. Weiss giggled "no worries c'mon it's time for lunch," Weiss said turning to walk away. Ruby grabbed her hand causing Weiss to turn around. "C...can I have a kiss please?" Ruby asked timidly feeling embarrassed. Weiss blushed her face going red. "R...Ruby! W...were in school I um..." Weiss stammered through her words. Ruby moved closer cupping Weiss's cheek. "Please..." Ruby asked a twinkle in her eyes which caused Weiss's heart to pound. "F...fine...make...make it quick..." Weiss stuttered nervously. Ruby gave a small smirk leaning closer Weiss slowly closed her eyes. Their lips met causing Weiss's heart to sore. Ruby giggled "not bad cutie~" Ruby flirted with a wink. Weiss blushed "you dork...c'mon I'm hungry..." Weiss muttered her heart still pounding rapidly in her chest.
Ruby held her hand with the biggest grin humanly possible as they walked down the crowded hall. They both made it to lunch sitting down with their friends. "So~ you and Weiss how adorable!" Nora cheered as she ate her food. Weiss and Ruby blushed "that's so cute I'm happy for you two," phyrra said with a grin.
Over on the other side of the lunch room they all heard shouting. They saw cardin bullying velvet scarlatina. "Ugh that jerk is bullying velvet again...what a prick," jaune grumbled with a sour expression. "He is a real jerk..." Ren whispered to himself.
"HOW ABOUT WE BREAK HIS LEGS!" Nora shouted pumping her fist in the air. "Nora...no," Ren simply said bringing her back down to her seat. Ruby stood up as she couldn't just stand by while she heard velvet shout for cardin to stop.
She walked over to cardin who glared at her. "What do you want fag?" He asked with a smirk. His friends chuckled Ruby sighed "leave her alone cardin...or else..." She threatened.
"Or else what you hit me with a rainbow beam?" He asked sarcastically. Ruby sighed sticking one of her hands in her pocket. She casually grabbed his milk off his tray. She casually dumped the milk on his head with a board expression. Cardin got enraged shooting from his seat. "WHAT THE HELL YOU BITCH!" he screamed in anger letting velvet go. "What? You needed to cool down," she said casually with a nonchalant expression. Cardin growled punching Ruby in the jaw causing her to fall. She grunted when she hit the floor jaune and Ren rushed over to help Ruby. Jaune and Ren grabbed his arms trying to stop him.
Phyrra and Weiss helped Ruby up her nose was bleeding heavily and her eye was swelling up. Ruby sighed "not again..." She mumbled as ruby tried to stop her bleeding nose.

Ruby sat in the nurse as she tried not to scratch the eye patch over her eye. "How do you feel Ruby?" Weiss asked with a worried tone.
"I'm fine...eye hurts but the ointment is helping." Ruby said smiling.
Velvet came in with a small smile. "Oh hey velvet what's up?" Ruby asked trying to smile even though her face hurt. Velvet smiled "I just wanted to come and thank you, you put cardin in his place and I can't thank you enough," velvet thanked grinning. Ruby and Weiss grinned back "no problem someone needed to teach him a lesson," Ruby said smirking.

Ruby and Weiss walked out the front doors of the school. Yangs car was in the parking lot with her leaning against it. Ruby waved "YANG!" Ruby shouted with a big smile as she doing her arms in the air. Yang ran over picking up her sister in a hug.
Yang lifted Ruby in a bone crushing hug.

"Gah...yang...can't...breath..." Ruby gasped for air as she tried to squirm out of yangs hold. Yang dropped her she chuckled "sorry sis it's just I haven't seen ya in a while!" Yang said ruffling her sisters hair. Ruby chuckled remembering Weiss was next to her. "Oh! Yang this is Weiss I've been staying with her and her family!" Ruby said pointing to Weiss who waved with a small grin. Yang remembered Weiss "oh! Hey popsicle long time no see!" Yang said using Weiss's old nickname. Weiss playfully rolled her eyes memories of how she got the nickname playing in her mind causing her to cringe.
Ruby became flustered as she glanced at Weiss for permission to tell yang. Weiss caught her gaze shooting her a small smile and a nod. Yang noticed them starring at each other. "Uhhh...am I missing something...?" Yang asked curiously. Ruby took a deep breath in "yang...um...w...Weiss and I are...." Ruby wasn't able to finish yang did it for her. "you're both dating," yang said bluntly with a smirk. "It was so obvious you two walking out together plus I'm not dead I heard you two flirting~" yang winked with a pleased smile.
Ruby and Weiss went red as they both shouted in unison "YOU KNEW!" They both screamed causing yang to flinch.
Yang laughed holding her sides as the two younger girls blushed deeply.
"We should get going...dad's waiting for us," yang said her tone sounding calm but slightly worried.
Ruby nodded beginning to walk but stopped turning to Weiss. "You wanna come?" Ruby asked with an inviting smile. Weiss hesitated for a moment before she nodded.

All three teens arrived at the hospital walking to the resection desk.
"Hi, we're here for Tai Xiao-long," yang said to the receptionist. She nodded sending them through.
They all walked to his room. Yang knocked "come in," came their fathers weak voice. Ruby's heart sunk a little when she heard how weak he sounded.
They walked in he turned to them with a warm smile. "Hello girls...oh, hello miss schnee..." Tai said but the only thing Ruby noticed was the medical machines he was hooked up to. "Hey dad! How do you feel?" Yang asked as they all sat in the chairs next to his bed. "I feel ok...how about you three?" He replied in a small voice.
Weiss was quiet not really sure what to say to the tall blonde man.
"Miss schnee...I am deeply sorry for the way I acted when we first met...I hope you can forgive me..." He said sincerely.
Weiss shot him a small smile "it's ok sir...all is forgiven," Weiss said with a smile.

They all began having a nice conversation but Ruby wasn't really paying attention

They all began having a nice conversation but Ruby wasn't really paying attention. She starred at her father...he looked so much worse.

"Please be ok...."