Chapter 20

Ten years later

Ruby was washing the dishes she was off duty since she had recently been injured in the leg from a junkie. It kinda hurt to walk but she managed. Ruby had been a police officer for ten years and Weiss had inherited her father company once she became old enough. Weiss was currently at work leaving Ruby alone with their german shepherd. He was Ruby's police dog and the house pet.
His name was cookie a pretty cute name for a tough police dog but that's what they liked. Ruby sat on the couch bored without Weiss to cuddle. Ruby turned on the TV closing her eyes. She ended up falling asleep until Weiss returned later that night.
Weiss arrived home setting down her bag wondering where her wife was. "Ruby?" Weiss called into the barely lit house. She found her wife sleeping on the couch with cookie snuggled up next to her. Weiss smiled a blush forming on her pale cheeks.
Cookie noticed her jumping off the couch running to her licking her hand excitedly. Weiss smiled "hey boy..." She whispered focusing her attention back to the sleeping woman on the couch. Weiss smiled leaning down poking Ruby's cheek. "Rubyyyyy~" Weiss cooed poking Ruby's cheek to wake her. Ruby groaned and murmured something in her sleep.
She slowly opened her eyes her silver eyes locking with Weiss's. Once Ruby could process who was Infront of her she tackled Weiss into a hug. "You're back!" Ruby cheered happily squeezing Weiss tightly in her arms. Weiss had gotten used to Ruby's bone crushing hugs so she hugged back.
"I guess you missed me huh?" Weiss questioned sarcastically with a smirk. Ruby grinned cutely "I missed you so much! I'm so glad you're back!" Ruby cheered pecking Weiss's lips. Weiss blushed strating her tie which was the only strait thing about her.
"Heh, you act more like a puppy than cookie," Weiss teased pecking Ruby's forehead. "Now, should we get some sleep?" Weiss asked helping Ruby up. Ruby nodded eagerly heading towards their bedroom.
The two showered together and got ready for bed. The couple snuggled in bed holding each other close.
"I love you," Weiss whispered as she snuggled into the crook of Ruby's neck. Ruby smiled kissing Weiss's snowy hair "I love you too shorty~" Ruby whispered back turning off the light. Ruby glanced at the ring on her finger a diamond was carved into the shape of a snowflake. Weiss's ring was carved in the shape of a rose.
Ruby closed her eyes letting sleep take over her.

Nightmare

She ran...she didn't know where she just ran trying to escape the darkness chasing her. It was getting closer and closer no matter how fast she ran it wouldn't go away. She hadn't had this dream in a while...but the darkness is always in the back of her mind. She ran until she came to...the street. The street where everything went wrong. Before she could continue running a pair of headlights were approaching at a horrifying speed. She froze her body was frozen in place. She braced for the impact but the car just went through her like a ghost. She felt tears fall down her cheeks as she knelt down her hand on the sides of her head. She sobbed trying to make the pain go away. "Stop stop stop stop...no please...it hurts...it hurts so much...!" Ruby screamed hoping someone would save her.
"-by..."

"...uby..."

"Uby...!"

The voice grew louder.

"RUBY!!"

Ruby's eyes shot open as she shot up tears streaming down her face. She covered her face with her hand as she sobbed. "Ruby...?" Ruby jumped at the sudden voice which caught her off guard. Ruby felt a hand pull the hand covering her eyes away from her face. Weiss's face came into Ruby's view. She looked worried for her wife as she continued to hold Ruby's hand. "Ruby...?" Weiss asked looking into Ruby's eyes. Ruby broke down sobbing uncontrollably as she pulled Weiss into her arms. Weiss was surprised for a few moments but she immediately hugged Ruby back. Ruby sobbed into Weiss's shoulder. Weiss rubbed Ruby's back as she cried. "Shhhh...it ok...it was just a nightmare...you're safe no one's going to hurt you..." Weiss whispered comfortingly trying to soothe the younger girl in her arms.
After a few minutes Ruby calmed down and pulled away but was still in Weiss's embrace. She looked down not making eye contact with her wife. Weiss frowned with a sympathetic expression. "Ruby..." Weiss called hoping Ruby would look at her.
Ruby didn't say anything or look up she just looked down. Weiss placed her hand on Ruby's cheek making the taller girl look at her. Ruby's eyes were filled with fear and sadness.
Weiss looked into her eyes. "Ruby...please tell me what's wrong..." Weiss begged moving Ruby's hair away from her eyes.
Ruby sighed "I...it was so dark...and I saw the street and...the darkness and I was so alone and scared...I just wanted...you...." Ruby admitted shutting her eyes tightly.
Weiss's expression softened as she kissed Ruby's scar on her cheek. "I'm right here Ruby...and I promise I'm not leaving...ever...so please don't cry it hurts when you cry."
Ruby blushed as her sad expression turned into a look of pure joy.
Ruby wrapped her arms around Weiss pulling her close. "I love you so much..." Ruby whispered cuddling close to Weiss. Ruby looked into Weiss's eyes kissing her passionately. Weiss moaned slightly as Ruby's lips wondered to her pale neck. "Ruby~" Weiss moaned gripping Ruby's tank top. Weiss felt Ruby smirk against her skin "you smell like strawberries princess~" Ruby teased kissing Weiss's neck more passionately.
Weiss fell back and Ruby loomed over her. "Hm~ you're a cute bottom~" Ruby teased with a sly smirk. Weiss frowned but inside she was screaming. Even though they had...had fun...many times before Weiss would still get embarrassed. Ruby's hand wondered up Weiss's shirt as she bit into Weiss's neck causing a hickey to form.