Chapter Four

in no way was dream ready for this. 

He anxiously hurried about the airport, following signs to make it out. The air was suffocating, with so many people bustling about. Chatter filled the blonde's ears, making him cringe. Children crying or screaming, people on the phone with loved ones, staff members greeting people and walking around.

There was so much going on. Everywhere. The ceilings were huge, the walls far apart, yet it was still so condensed. Decorations and murals gave Dream little comfort. His suitcase rolled unsettlingly behind him, occasionally the sound suddenly peaking when it got caught on one of the cracks in the smooth, tiled floor. 

Shoes clicked loudly on linoleum. Dream ignored them, instead deciding to try finding calm in focusing on his breaths, and evening them out. 

Finally, he burst through the large sliding doors, signaling his escape. 

A breath of fresh air slowed his speeding heart, calmed his pounding headache, and gently let him relax a bit. 

Then, realization hit.

Dream was going to see his friends!

Right here, in person.

Holy shit.

|~Dream~|

I walk out of the airport briskly, slowing as I take in the air. My head feels a lot clearer now, and I relax a bit. 

But my relaxed demeanor instantly goes to shambles. I recognize George and Sapnap instantly, standing and laughing with one another. I smile softly, heart fluttering and stomach twisting.

fuckfuckfuckfuck- 

Cautiously, quietly, I walk closer. Sapnap notices first. He smiles at me, then gestures to George with a finger on his lips. I nod, a grin growing on my own face. I shuffle over to them, and George finally turns around.

It's all I can do not to pass out on the spot. George blinks at me with soft, beautiful brown eyes, confusion showing in their pupils. He runs his fingertips through perfect brown hair, his head tilted ever so slightly to one side. He bites his lip very softly, his gaze flicking over my face curiously. I smile a little, barely being able to regain my composure and speak.

He's really pretty.

"Hi." I say, my voice slightly shaky and nervous.

For a moment, George completely falters, as if he'd just bluescreened.

Ha. Georgenotfound. 

Then, it seems to click inside his head, and his expression lights up. "Dream?" He asks, so quietly its like a breath in the wind. 

I nod, and all of a sudden he's wrapped me in a tight, warm, sweet hug, and I'm hugging him back, and we're both shaking with silent, dry tears. He presses onto his toes to lightly rest his head on my shoulder. I'm so impossibly happy. 

"Hi." He whispers.

"Hi." I murmur, smiling. 

I don't want to let go, but I do anyway. Warm excitement and relief pools inside me, and I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. 

Sapnap tugs me into a gentle side hug, and he mumbles smugly, despite the soft, happy moment, "I told you so." 

I roll my eyes and pull away, watching as George hauls my suitcase into the car with a soft grunt of effort. 

"I wasn't expecting you to be this short, George." I joke. George shoots me a glare. 

"Wasn't expecting you to be a tree, Dream." He retorts, sticking his tongue out at a smug looking Sapnap.