Chapter Five

the best way to describe george's current emotion was 'oh shit.' 

George walked briskly to the kitchen, the cleaned plate and empty glasses balancing dangerously in his hands. Anxiety made his stomach twist as if he would be sick at any moment, and the plate teeters hazardously in his arms as they shake ever so slightly. He let out a soft breath of relief as soon as the dishes were placed safely into the sink, leaning on the counter and observing the outdoors.

It was a sunny, calming morning, the soft early mist fading as the sun rose. There were still a few dull stars in the sky, threatening to fade as the ominous deep navy began to lighten into a more vibrant shade of blue. He smiles softly, watching as the dark clouds slowly lighten, regaining their more fluffy, soft demeanor. 

For a moment, George forgets about being caught, and instead just thinks about the way he felt so safe and warm snuggled in Dream's arms, the movie playing softly in the background and the soft red blanket giving the two what felt like a world of their own, cut off and secluded from reality. His eyes flutter closed, and for a moment, he's back in that memory, half asleep and oh so blissful. 

But then, at the awkward stuttering of Dream and teasing laughter of Tommy and Skeppy, George is wrenched back to reality.

A reality that consists of a lot of teasing for the next month.

How fun.

|~George~| 

Waking up next to Dream, warm arms wrapped around me, and tranquil, sweet morning air filling my lungs was very pleasant and boosted my serotonin.

It was what came after that had shaken me. 

I run my fingers through my hair nervously, leaning a bit more heavily on the counter, my thumb passing over the hard corner to wake up my brain. 

But what really brings me back is something soft, a happy ball of grey and white fur, you may say, mewing cheerfully as it skitters to a halt at my feet.

"Hi there." I coo, crouching to stroke its soft head. The cat nudges my leg with its head lightly. Taking the hint, I pour food into the small bowl on the ground, stand up with a soft yawn, and make my way over to the stove.

It takes me a few very long minutes, but eventually I've put together a presentable breakfast for everyone. Before I can plate it, though, they all hurtle into the kitchen at an alarming rate, presumably at the smell of bacon. 

I roll my eyes as my previously clean countertops are attacked by a bunch of starving idiots. Quickly, I lunge for where I had the bacon on a platter, protecting it.

"Sit! Now!" I yell, crossing my arms and leaning back against the counter in front of the food. In one smooth motion, everyone is either seated at the island or standing out of the way. "Thank you." 

"Okay mom." Sapnap says, earning himself a solid kick to the shin, courtesy of me.

I begin to pass food out to everyone, ignoring the way they look from me to Dream and back again constantly. 

"How'd you sleep, George?" The first person to speak up is Skeppy, his tone innocent but his eyes filled with mischief. A ripple of giggles finds its way around the room, from all but Dream and I. I roll my eyes and turn away.

That leads into a chorus of joking comments that make my head hurt a little. I sigh, grabbing a plate and hopping up onto the counter, occupying myself with swirling my fork around the plate quietly and sliding it into my mouth, eyes down. 

After a while, everyone instead chats animatedly, apparently forgetting about teasing me. Which is nice. I know it won't last, but for now I'm perfectly content to talk and laugh with my friends.