Chapter 14

Chapter 14 is here! :)

The police took away the special operatives leaving the Rampion crew alone on the deserted plains of Farafrah. The sand was blowing on the empty plains and the afternoon heat was cooling down as time went by.

"So, now what?" Cress asked humbly.

"We have a ball to attend." reminded Scarlet. "If we leave now we might arrive before it ends!"

"What are we waiting for, lets hop on!" Iko squealed. Out of all the members of the Rampion crew, she was the most excited. Well, it was normal for Iko to be excited. She was so close to fulfilling her dream of going to the Commonwealth Ball, dancing with handsome men. But of course, a group of rebels had to interrupt her beautiful fancies of the perfect night.

"Wow, I've never seen Iko so excited about anything!" murmured Thorne.

"Of course I will be excited. It is my first ball and I even have a date!" she squealed again.

Oh no! Cinder had completely forgotten to talk to Kai about Iko's date. She was going, to but found out about the uprising and it slipped out of her mind. In all the chaos, Cinder hadn't arranged a date for Iko. Poor android, she had so many expectations and now the Queen of Luna had to watch her best friend's dreams being crushed.

"Iko-" Cinder was going to tell her that she wasn't able to arrange a date for Iko. But before she had a chance to, Iko interrupted her.

"We'll talk later, we've already wasted so much time. It's important to get on the ship." The crew boarded the Rampion, while Kinney climbed the other space ship in which Kinney, Iko, Cinder, and Winter came to Farafrah.

"Wait, Kinney!" Iko stopped him. "Since you're going alone I'll join you on the spaceship." a shade of pink rose on Kinney's cheeks. Iko turned to Cinder, "Is it okay if I accompany him?"

"Sure!" replied Cinder. The Lunar Queen was quite nervous. She had battled against Levana, some special operatives, and many of the citizens against her. During all these strenuous times Cinder was never as anxious as she was today to break Iko's heart. Well actually hurt Iko's feelings because being an android Iko didn't technically have a heart. But Iko never felt like an android. She was always Cinder's closest friend.

Iko followed Kinney inside while the others went in the Rampion.

~~~

"What's bothering you?" Winter asked her cousin. Ever since Cinder climbed the Rampion she had been pacing continuously. Cinder was afraid of what she would tell Iko when she finds out that she doesn't have a date to the ball. Secretly Cinder hoped that they wouldn't reach in time so Iko would never find out. But, she was also looking forward to the Ball. She had been thinking about this day for months. Dancing with Kai and forgetting about everything else. Cinder never liked dancing or attention but being with Kai made her eager to do it all. The same Cinder who planned to go to Europe last year on this day instead of the ball even being a personal guest was desperate to be there today.

"Nothing." Cinder replied flatly.

Thorne spoke up, "Stop lying, obviously you're worried about something." he smirked, "Is it your android friend?" Of course, Thorne always figured out what was going on with Cinder.

Cinder sighed, "I promised Iko that I would talk to Kai about arranging a date for her but I completely forgot. She's so excited about the ball and I just can't bear to break her heart when she finds out that she doesn't have a date!"

"Spades!" Thorne turned around to face Cinder. "This is Iko we are talking about. How hard will it be for her to convince the royal guard to take her to the Ball!"

Scarlet added, "Surprisingly Thorne is right. Also, even if she isn't able to ask Kinney, I'm sure she will be dancing around with various guests when the time comes."

"You're probably right!" Cinder accepted. "But, hopefully, she gets a date anyways."

~~~

"I wanted to thank you for what you did down there and how you saved my life!" Kinney said still flying the ship. They had been flying in complete silence for quite a while. Even Iko, who is usually very talkative had nothing to say to her handsome crush today. The truth is Iko was flabbergasted. She didn't want to humiliate herself by saying the wrong things and couldn't find a way to start the conversation. So Iko just stared at the guard the entire time.

"It was nothing!" she blabbed "I just had to make sure that nothing happens to you!" if Iko wasn't an android her cheeks would be flushing a bright shade of pink.

"It might not be anything to you, but what you did- I just don't understand how to thank you." he stuttered. "If there is anything I can ever to do repay you for your help, please let me know." Kinney was being very sincere.

Well, there was one favor that Iko really wanted, but could she ask Kinney without humiliating herself? Instead of thinking it through, Iko just blurted, "Will you come to the Ball with me?"

Kinney was taken back by the question. Of course, he told her that he kind of liked her the other day but didn't expect this. The other day Kinney strode away before he could hear Iko's reply. He didn't want to stay at that time, as Kinney that she would probably neglect any feelings toward him. "I'm already coming to the Ball with you!" he smirked.

"I meant, will you come with me as a date?" Iko corrected herself.

"Yes!" Iko squealed in delight. "That is the least I could do for you!"

"Stars. Thank you so much!" she pulled Kinney into a quick hug.

He moved slightly back before he spoke again, "We are about to arrive." The palace came into view and it was finally time for the crew to enjoy their special night without any problems. 

In the last chapter, I mentioned that I might do a double update but instead I just wrote a little longer chapter than my usual ones. So sorry about that guys!

Also please don't forget to vote and feel free to give any feedback :)

~book_x_nerd