CHAPTER 2 - KAL, AAJ AUR KAL

"How's the Josh Kabira", I shouted standing at the edge of the balcony, as I watched Kabir Chaudhary, get out of his white Honda city carrying his very famous black Sky-bag sack, on his right shoulder which had the words "Kabir Chaudhary" inscribed on it in gold (golden color).

The description about his sack is so very important because his black sack with his name inscribed in gold, was famous in the entire school.

Also, many rumors were spread all along the school about his classy bag, the most spoken fact/rumor being – "Kabir ke bag mein bohat saare secrets hain yaar, he carries many distinguished articles in them, most of which are generally not needed, in our school days."

And, the answer to the most asked question, "Who has the entire information about these secretive things" was very simple, "Abhimanyu Mantri, Kabir's BFF."

To be frank, I was indeed proud of the fact that Kabir is my Best friend, because he was indeed an attractive boy. Kabir usually scored between 85%-95% in exams. He was a state level football player, with an amazing physique and had interest in playing guitar as well.

When it is the topic of the other gender, Kabir has many friends in girls but no girlfriends. The entire credit goes to his best friend, me, because I am a very capable advisor, in any topic or situation.

And yeah, we shared the passwords of our Netflix and Amazon Prime account, through which you can definitely make out our strong bond. Taking into consideration the fact that Kabir always held me in high esteem and he was more interested in my equation with the other girls.

We shared all our secrets (though I have a single interest among the other gender – Russia).

At the end, the most crucial or known-to-all fact about Kabir is that only Abhimanyu has the right to call him "Kabira" and no one else in the school.

He opened the main gate of my house, a bungalow with 1 floor above the ground floor, and a beautiful balcony edging outside the parking with a long swing-chair.

The place where I used to sit and swing and write my personal diaries surrounded by pots of various flowers including roses, marigold, Tulsi (although it has no flowers) and many more shrubs and bushes, natural and artificial both.

My mother is very fond of gardening, shrubs, bushes and greenery. Thanks to her interest, we also have a small garden in the parking arena with lush-green soft grass, where we seldom used to arrange family dinner on weekends.

I asked Seema aunty, Kabir's mom to accompany him to my house, but she said she was busy today and left in the car. Yet, she did not forget to inform me that she was going to come back at 8:00pm to pick Kabir back.

My mom opened the gate for him, as he wished her hello and through the stairs entered my room. The first thing he did, on entering my room was, he changed the date on the calendar to 1st August,2020 as it was still showing 31st July, before he entered.

Which means, THIS SCENE IS FLASHBACK.

(This scene is taking place - Before the MUN)

He exclaimed hurriedly that, "Dekh, sirf 3 ghante hain aur bohat tayaari karni hain, toh please jaldi printer start kar, tab tak main laptop nikalta". And, yes he was speaking about my laptop.

Obviously, when you are Best Friends, the condition "Joh tera hain who mera hain, joh mera hain woh tera", is applicable to everything that belongs to us, including our family members but excluding our love interest (to be precise, LIKE interests), that too, IF WE HAVE ANY, which neither of us had.