CHAPTER 3 - MARWADI BACHE!!!

"Suddenly my mother questioned me, with a smile on her face, "Woh Kaun thi Abhi?"

Don't misjudge the above question, because there is a long story. Here we go.

FLASHBACK

"Hmmm...Achaaa...Thike "

AND

"Yamraj ki bhais (buffalo) says - beta waxing se marne ki itni bhi kya jaldi thi, yamraj ko toh main upar chod ke aa gayi"

2 of the most famous dialogues, by the Indian stand-up comedians, Zakir Khan and Anubhav Singh Bassi...

Yet, the way Rohan performed for us, in the audience of 31 students of 10th A, was just amazing. Many of us knew, that most of his stand up material, is the same, as he has just repeated the comic sketches of some of the most popular stand-up comedians of India, including the above 2. But still, it was indeed fun, when he used to do stand-up comedy in those free periods in our class.

I, often tried my luck, for the same, after all, I also have the subscription of Amazon Prime, to copy the sketches. So, these were indeed some of our best memories which we cherish forever.

Just then, the bell for the 5th period rung, the 6th period began and we were waiting for our Hindi teacher to come and make the students stand row wise and ask them to narrate one paragraph of the new chapter each, as she would explain it, simultaneously.

Bringing a huge smile, to the face of all the 31 students of our class, a proxy teacher entered. "SRK ki K3G mein entry, aur maam ki humaare class mein,

WAH! What comparison."

( K3G – Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum)

Unfortunately, the smile wept away, in no time, because she asked one of us, to give her a Chemistry Text book, and she was going to ask objective questions.

"Yaar, yeh teachers ko shaanti nahi chaiye kya, shaanti bhi baatne se badhti hain, khud apna kaam karo, hume apna kaam karne do" exclaimed Kabira in my ears, in his hushed voice.

And I had expected this kind of behavior from proxy teacher, because of my observational skills. Let me tell you the points –

1. The teacher came in, only with her small diary, a pouch and 4 books, probably, the class-works which she was supposed to check.

2. In the first 5 minutes of her period, she had already called the names of 3 children, to keep their mouth shut, which means, she is in no mood to tolerate the intolerance. Hard luck buddies.

As I said, I am a very observational person (again PRAISING myself).

Just then, suddenly, my right hand which was up to answer one of the proxy teacher's question, went even higher, when Shweta came inside the class and informed ma'am that the planning head of the school is calling Abhimanyu Mantri for some work.

The teacher, speaking loudly to the whole class, spoke," Abhimanyu, go you have been called."

I rushed out of the class, as Shweta smiled at me, just as a sign of simple greeting and we walked towards the cabin of Reena ma'am, the planning head of Delhi Public School.

A small talk of probably 45 seconds, ended very soon, as we entered ma'am's cabin.

The topic of the important discussion, which was going to take place for the next 20 minutes, was the Inter-school debate Competition, organized by the Ambience Club. Every year, a dozen of events and competitions were organized by the Ambience club, usually Inter-school, wherein several schools of the city would participate to win the "Best School Award", declared at the end of every year, in the month of February.