CHAPTER 9 - NO...?

"Abhi....I am sorry" – Shweta said.

"For what...." – well, my reply was just a statement, not a question.

"Yaar, tujhe pata hain na." – she replied, with a little persuation in her voice.

Guys, you have all the right, to make assumptions. But read on the Chapter 9 to know the final true answer.

***************************************

The last night of watching the Dandiya awards, the last night of gasping our breath for the final session after 11pm, the last night of dancing in pairs in the inner circle, the last night of deciding a single step to dance in the outer circle, the last night to tell a lie, that Kabir's surname is 'Mantri', the last night to do all these things in 2020.

However, for 3 people, this night was not one of those regular last nights of Maheshwari Dandiya.

We entered the ground, at 8:15pm itself, this time, I met some of the uncle-aunties along with Pratyush, whom I usually meet at the Maheshwari get-togethers.

At first, we danced all together, in the outer circle, on the beats of Bollywood Party songs. At 8:50pm, it was the break for the first session and I went to talk to Mom, because she had called me.

After 10 minutes, Pratyush called me saying," Abhi, sun na, 10 minute, ghar pe jaana padega. Ek kaam hain ghar pe, mummy ne bulaya hain."

I asked him about the work, and then we left on 2 different two-wheelers at 9pm. "Pehle toh mom ne mana kiya tha, but then maine convince kar liya." I spoke to Pratyush at his home, when he asked whether my mom allowed me, to drive a Jupiter at night.

At 9:25pm, we entered the ground again, with two boxes of awards in each of our hands, which were supposed to be given to the winners of tonight. I had no expectations to get any of them, as I laughed thinking for the same.

Without deviating our path, both of us walked from the periphery of the ground, when suddenly I heard a sound, calling me – "Abhi...."

I turned to see, which girl had called me, and I could see Shweta standing there with Preeti.

I did not respond anything, as I continued walking, looking in front, with some sort of confusion or determination in my mind.

10 minutes later, I walked back to my group, as they were dancing. Some of them in the outer while some in pairs. I joined along with Pratyush, little near to Kabira.

At 9:35pm, I wasn't much tired, when it was the break time, as the last night was ending. I walked to greet some of my school friends, shook hands with some, as we talked. While I was strolling back, I could see Shweta coming from the front and stopped me or rather stopped in front of me.

"Hi Shweta..." putting forward my hand, for a handshake.

"Hi Abhi...."

"Yaar tujhe bura laga kya?" she asked being concerned.

"Kis baat ka?" I replied suddenly.

"Tujhe pata hain na" – Shweta.

"Shayad.....nahi" I tried to give a confused reply.

"Abhi....I am sorry" – Shweta said.

"For what...." – well, my reply was just a statement, not a question.