CHAPTER 11- CAPRICIOUS CONFESSIONS

"Abhi...roll number wise baithe toh tere group mein koi nahi rahega...jiska tu copy kar sake..." Kabir cracked a joke, which brought a big smile on everyone's face.

"Kabira.... Abhimanyu Mantri , dekhta nahi dikhata hain" spoke Aarush as he pointed on my back.

"Yaar ek-do baar galti se thike... Lekin Kabira bolne ka right sirf mujhe hain..." I was very possessive regarding my best friend.

"Aur Aarush...tu Abhi se kuch expect mat kar....Yeh kisi ko kuch dikhane nahi wala..." – said My Kabira.

"Boys out there....its your practical exam today, if you want to study, then study... Otherwise be quiet" Our biology teacher shouted.

Obviously, she was right. It was the board practicals for 20 marks and here, instead of studying we were talking, with each other.

"Maam we were not taking, we were discussing.... "Spoke Aarush, which made all the boys laugh again.

After the first 10 roll numbers of girls was over, it was the last set of the girls, who were about to go, I called Shrushti and till then, asked all the questions, which she had attempted.

She was very helpful that day, but to Kabir only, because I got another set to solve. However, I performed well and was definitely expecting more than 19 out of 20.

That was our last grade 10th Board practical and now it was time for the 3rd and the final prelims of the school. Here, we had the entire portion as syllabus. The papers were set according to the board pattern and I was comparatively nervous. 3rd prelims were supposed to begin from 9th January and continue till 31st January.

On 10th February, we had our school farewell organized by the grade 9 students. And then from, 1st March we had our final grade 10th Board examinations. So, the plan was entirely set.

On 8th January, at 7:07 pm in my watch, I dialed her number in my phone. To my utter dismay, she did not pick up the phone as I declined it after 5 rings.

Later, at 7:11 pm Shweta called again. (Now all of you know why, 7:11)

"Hello" - I spoke.

"Hii Abhi...."

"Padhai ho gayi kya", I asked.

"Language ki...."she giggled, knowing that it was our English Language paper the next day.

"Nahi nahi.. Economics ki.... Woh lesson no. 7 hain na... Human development Index... "She laughed in between as I continued.

"Woh chapter ke 11th question mein mujhe doubt hain..."

"Oho... Lekin woh chapter toh maine skip kar diya...." Shweta giggled.

"Hey Bhagwan.... " I exclaimed.

"Meri chod.....Tu bata.... teri ho gayi...." Shweta spoke.

"Haan.... Ek baar ki toh ho gayi.... Isliye phone kiya tha ALL THE BEST bolne ke liye...."

"Thank you.... and same to you.... Bhagwan Kare tu is baar bhi top maare..." listening this from her, was very encouraging.

And what are your expectations...?? – Abhimnayu.

"Kya...?" She asked maybe she did but hear me properly....

"Tum kitne Marks laaana chahte ho.."I asked..

"Main toh 98 percent..."She laughed... Although I had no comments on this...

So I remained silent and I guess she understood this.