CHAPTER 4 - WHO IS YOUR CRUSH?

Compliments in different countries –

· America – you look lit (lit AF)

· England – fantastic attire

· India - Katai Zeher Bhai Zeher (hahahaha)

These social media platforms are indeed the most fascinating invention, in this generation of mankind. If we talk about a kinder-garden child, a 10th grade teenager, a millennial ready for marriage or a 50-year old uncle, when a person starts using something new, the FAD is amazing.

And I personally, experienced the same. Got a new phone, a new sim-card and a new Instagram account. We have all kinds of followers, some our really close friends, some whom we have followed just because we had met them, some time, long back but to keep in touch, anytime, and some just because, we know them by name, and yes they have followed us. So, FOLLOW BACK.

"Par kuch special dost toh aise bhi hote hain, jinke ZEHER comments hote hain", read the first sentence of Chapter 4 again.

And, as expected, in the search list of my account, the first name was Shweta-Kalantry. As soon as I got an Instagram account, I liked all her 11 posts.

(11 is indeed a lucky number – JAI MUMMY DI).

Snapchat had also taken me in, because there's something called as STREAK, jisko agar break kiya toh PAAP lagega.

In short, I had started spending more time on phone, and it wasn't quite important work. Although, chatting with friends is important, but only till some extent.

Coming back to the previous incident, which we left incomplete.

Shweta's call -

"Nothing urgent re, bas kisine mujhe apne colony ka Ganpati dekhne bulaya tha, toh I was standing outside that person's house...

Bahar MANTRI likha hain board pe." She was laughing as she talked to me, standing in front of my house.

Hurrying among the many people of my colony, I went outside the Ganpati arena and looked at her, as she waved her hand, standing in front of my house.

While I was walking-cum-running towards her, I could see another woman, standing beside her. I could guess that I had seen her earlier as well, as I could recognize the face, partially, in dark.

Shweta and the aunty, started walking towards me. Staring at them closely, I could recognize, it was Seema aunty, mother of Abir, who lived in our colony as well.

"Hi Abhimanyu, aarti khatam ho gayi?" aunty asked, although I paid no attention to her.

"Haan aunty, aur BIG FM wale log aa chuke hain. Unka program bas 5-10 minute mein shuru ho jayega." I answered aunty, as all 3 of us were now walking towards mandap.

"Hey, yahan kaise", I asked Shweta, who was wearing a sack, in a hushed voice, because it would be awkward, if I asked loudly, to a girl who accompanied Seema aunty, because aunty is indeed strict.

And Shweta is her niece.

So, the entire story was, Shweta was Seema aunty's niece and she was staying at her place for 1 night, as her parents were out of town. To add on to this, she would board the bus from my stop the next morning.

Nevertheless, the night had much to give us, as the night was not yet over.

It was a joyful mood at the Ganpati Mandal, as we had the team of 91.1FM to entertain us, with full-loaded equipment for their activities. DJ, games, prizes – the mood was ON.