THREE

It was two days later and I was driving home from work. Mama asked me to pick up some bits on my way home so I did and now I was just around the corner.

My phone started to ring and I saw that it was Sami bhai.

"Assalamualaikum"

"Wa alaikum salaam, Aleena are you home yet?"

"Almost, why?"

"Just asking. Anyway, let Mama know I'll be home soon."

"I will"

I said salaam and hung up, wondering where he was as I pulled into the driveway.

After helping Mama, I was going upstairs for a shower when I saw Sami in Saffa's room. They were discussing Maryam Aunty and her family.

"It'll be nice getting to know the girls won't it Saffa," I said.

"Yep, Sami do you know how old they are?"

"No, I only met the brother earlier. He's 26 I think. No idea about the girls though. The younger ones are twins apparently."

"You met him already?" I asked.

"Yeah at the masjid earlier. Hey Aleena, Mama said to make sure you dress nicely."

"Um, okay then." I was so confused, but just got on with it. Wondering what Maryam Aunty would be like. My family seemed to have a good relationship with theirs, so the evening should go well.

A short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Another update coming later today inshaAllah x