NINETEEN

It's been two weeks since we made the move to Dubai and we'd settled in wonderfully. We'd spent time sight-seeing and decorating our apartment - in fact, apartment wasn't even the right word to use. Ehsaan had gone all out, and we were now living in a brand new luxury penthouse and we'd been buying furniture and accessories to put our own stamp on it and make it homely.

Our relationship was blossoming beautifully. Every night, he'd hold me till we fell asleep and neither of us could sleep in the other's absence. We got to know each others likes and dislikes, their habits and preferences, and we really were compatible. We were comfortable with each other now, not shy and distanced. We were able to display our affection for each other now, with him taking every opportunity to kiss me and we'd spend our evenings nestled in each others arms as we watched movies and chatted over FaceTime with our families.

Though we had grown so close, there were still barriers between us that were yet to be broken down. I was constantly being asked by the girls in the family how our first few nights had been, and I just laughed it off and changed the subject because nothing of that sort had happened yet. We were still getting used to each other, and Ehsaan had promised me that he wouldn't overstep any boundaries till I was sure that I'm truly ready. He was an absolute gentleman, and stayed true to his word. I knew he was comfortable enough now, but I simply wasn't ready to give myself to him completely yet. He'd already told me he loved me, and it warmed my heart till it burst into a thousand pieces of happiness. I didn't yet know if what I felt for him was love, but I knew for sure that I cared. And when I care, I don't let go.

Before we'd left, Dadi had called me to the side and said, "Beti, I'm not getting any younger. I want to see some great grandchildren before my time here ends." I blushed and she laughed. "Oh, my dear, I'm only joking. You and Ehsaan have a whole new world ahead of you. Go, enjoy it. Explore the world and all its wonders. Embrace your new life with open arms and take care of one another with all your hearts. Establish your comfort with one another and think about family when you are both completely ready. Okay? No pressure... but don't keep me waiting too long!"

I laughed in response, as she hugged me before we said our goodbyes.

She was right, I did want a family, more than anything ever, but I hadn't felt ready to fully give myself to Ehsaan just yet.

* * *

"Ehsaan, please! The suspense is killing me!" I moaned as he laughed at me and came to see what I'd packed so far.

"We're going to be away for a week. It'll be hot and we'll be doing some activities, so pack sunscreen, sunglasses, a swimsuit and some extra outfits. That's all I'm saying" he said, kissing the side of my face.

"Are you going to give me any clues as to where we're off to?"

"Nope." he'd said, walking away and laughing.

Ehsaan had told me four days ago that he's booked our honeymoon. I'd been shocked, asking him why he'd gone to such lengths. After all, I considered this whole move our honeymoon, I didn't expect him to book something else too! He'd insisted it would be nice for us to get away before starting work in just over a week, and was keeping the destination a surprise from me.

In the end, I'd facetimed Rima and Saffa and they told me what to pack instead of me staring at my closet for another day.

* * *

3 days later and it was our second morning waking up in the beautiful Maldives. It really is a paradise on Earth and I was beyond ecstatic when the surprise destination was finally revealed to me.