🎃 DOOR 1 🎃 episode 2

THE SPOOKY CANDY MAN

( Hide your siblings and pets ppl, cuz this will get extremely... To be continued )

*******

"Oi, how are we going to decide?" Kid barked while taking another sip of drink. To our immense luck, Wire and Heat joined and somehow achieved to tame the redhead best before drinking the entire packet of alcohol.

We were all gathered in a circle, most of us seated on the tatami while some just watched from the comfort of the couch - nibbing on popcorn and liquorish, quietly observing how the chaotic night would unfold itself.

"Can we just roll the die?" Sabo suggested.

"Why don't you just ask your granny to bring her friends with her so we can all happily play Bingo?" Kid slurred and rolled his eyes in utter desperation. "Where's your imagination, man? B-O-R-I-N-G!"

"Then what do you suggest, Eustass." The blonde was visibly pissed off, but perhaps the thought of locking Kid inside one of the rooms and making a quick escape after, soothed his anger to a much more manageable degree.

He scratched his neck, his forehead somewhat creasing in consideration. "Uhm..."

"Exactly my point. So, let's just spin the bottle to choose the first person. Sounds fair everyone?"

Everyone impatiently agreed.

Perona took the initiative and started. "You cannot be trusted." she said, pointing at the guys. "I want this to be fair and square. That means, you uneducated buffoons, we will do everything correctly, according to the rules."

The glass object began circling, first with great speed then after some time, it decreased in speed until it moved slower and slower, tip of it indicating the first player.

It looked like it would land on Bonney, but strangely, the tip hadn't stopped on the pinkette, but turned directly at me. And no one fricking noticed that.

"Y/n is the first one!" Ace beamed and placed the die in my hand. Someone was definitely eager to get rid of me. "Ok, it goes like this... For door one, you need to get 1 or 4, for door 2 numbers 2 or 5 and for the last one numbers 3 or 6. Got it? Excellent."

I slowly stood up, and without turning around to face my friends, perhaps for the last time, I reluctantly stepped inside. The sliding door closed behind, and I found myself almost in complete darkness, apart from the faint moonlight that shone from the window.

"I should have worn my jacket. It's freezing in here."

I looked around. It was decorated as any traditional room I had encountered numerous times before, but it still felt a bit... Odd.

I better sit down and wait for them to call me.

I sat down and without any hesitation, reached into my pocket for a small bag. "At least I sneaked some sweets while everyone was distracted. If I'm going to die here, I can at least bring my favorite thing in the afterlife."

I threw the first bonbon in my mouth and chewed in with such ladylike manners, that even my mother would congratulate me.

"Is it delicious?"

"Yeah. It's strawberry." I said, nonchalantly.

Goosebumps went down my spine.

A voice?

Did I just hear a ...

My heart hammered inside my ribcage faster than a kid chasing after an ice-cream truck combined with the speed of a well-buttered bullet.