Prologue

Deep underground something was stirring.

There was a dark force waking up. Sniffing the air. Stretching it's limbs. A creature angry and murderous. A monster composed of fear.

It knew it's name. It knew what it so desperately craved.

It had been a long time- far too long- since it had seen true light. Since it had felt cold fresh air. Since it could move freely. To run.

But bonds were breaking. Spells had worn off. Freedom was calling.

Vengeance was scheming.

With a roar that reverberated around the chamber, the beast rose. Rocks cracked and crunched. Lava hissed as it seeped through the newly created gaps, it's light bleeding out from within.

Strength flooded through the creature's muscles as it began to smash out a path to freedom but then it stopped. Ten red eyes landed on a body. An ancient form that had held it back for years- decades even.

And she was still holding back the beast now.

Her eyes fluttered open. Opalesent irises that flashed in the gloom.

Fear was etched into her face. "No" Was all she whispered, her mouth hanging open.

There was only one response. The monster roared once more. This time it was louder. Fiercer. Stronger.

It rumbled like thunder and up above the trees shook. Lighting flashed and rain began to pelt down.

Thunder growled once more, wind rattling the windows of a red-headed girl and startling a green-eyed fairy.

The beast sensed this and it knew.

It was time.

It's name was the Kayrix and it wanted revenge.