The New Home

The modern home could be seen clearly from the top of the mountain. The home was surrounded by what looked like a wall of bushes. This home clearly valued privacy. The neighbors did not have a view into the premises. 

There was a modern big house at the centre of the home and there were few other small houses at either sides of it. It looked really beautiful from the top of the mountain.

Sindile noticed that there were people moving up and down the Mamba homestead. She assumed they were making preparations for the big night. It is true that Sindile was sad about leaving home. 

She was sad about leaving her family and all the people she's known her whole life but now looking at her destination she realized one thing, she was scared. Sindile wasn't prepared for the life ahead of her.

Her heart started racing immediately as they began to descend the mountain after resting under a tree for a while. The sun was already gone and dusk was creeping in, they were right on time. 

Sindile was consumed by a fear she had never experienced before. Her legs were threatening to give away with every step she took as they neared the Mamba homestead.

 Reality hit her hard. She was going to be a wife to a total stranger. She started to feel dizzy as they walked towards the main entrance of the homestead and dogs began to bark.

"Sindi is everything fine, you don't look so good" Liyana reached for her forehead and touched it checking her temperature with the back of her hand.

"I am fine Aunty, just tired" she lied. "I could do with some water after such a long journey" Sindile could feel herself losing the strength to stand. She began to shake a little. 

She was terrified of what was about to happen to her, her first step into marriage, the teka ritual which is followed by two other ceremonies to complete the Swazi law and custom marriage. The teka ritual is performed at dawn.

"Well it's a good thing were are already here. You will get something to drink soon, look they have already seen us" Liyana Gestured for Sindile to look at the approaching pair.

"It's the twins, I know them from school. I didn't know I will be meeting them so soon" Sindile Complained. The boys were excited, each one of them trying to get to the entrance first. They were so adorable looking exactly same. 

Seeing them made Sindile forget about her predicament for a second as she smiled, they were arguing about something and watching them was mesmerizing.

"They said she's going to be my mother", they heard one of them say. "Lier" the other one screamed. "Mother said one of us, she didn't specify who", he continued, frowning. 

The twins were very handsome, one could see they were going to break a lot of hearts when they get older. Together they were just an adorable pair, they compelled one to stare and that's exactly what Sindile was doing at that moment. 

She wondered what the brother who shall not be named looked like. Her heart began to beat very fast as she was reminded about her betrothed and the smile suddenly vanished from her face.

"Good afternoon ladies" one of them said. "I think it's already evening now" the other said looking at his brother expectedly. "Really Zuzi?" he rolled his eyes and reached for Liyana who was holding out her hand ready for a handshake. 

They all made their greetings and introductions at the main entrance. The twins took Sindile's luggage and led her behind the houses making sure she is not seen.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Please leave a VOTE and COMMENT before going forward. It will be much appreciated. And again thank you for giving my story a chance. Lots and Lots of LOVE.