Family Conflict

The boys seemed excited to participate though Zuzi was a little reluctant and unsure. Zuzu was bold walking forward like he already knew why they called them. He found a spot next to Fundi, their mother and Zuzi remained standing looking a bit lost.

"Actually, we need only one of you here. A bride can only be given one child" their mother pointed out. Zuzu seemed very confident that he was the one who had been chosen to become Sindile's helping child, his over excitement was evident in his eyes.

"And I was hoping your older brother would be here to choose which one of you two can serve his wife well but I haven't seen him since he arrived. Where is your brother Zuzu he is supposed to be here too" Fundi asked, worry written all over her face. 

It looks like Sindile's husband was missing in action even before the marriage was sealed.

This is fun Sindile thought to herself, it is really going to be one strange marriage. Sindile had a feeling that her husband was also forced into this thus being a no show even for the most important parts of the festivities.

"We left him at the braai area, he just arrived there with his friends I can go and get him" Zuzu Offered already standing up. 

Zuzi ran along too, too happy to get away from the group of woman staring at them like they are an unusual phenomenon. 

What is it with women and staring at twins, its creepy, Zuzi thought as he followed on his brother heel. He decided there and there that he was not going to go back there.

They haven't been gone for long when a commotion was heard from the braai area. 

Apparently Pita Mamba, Sindile's father in-law was having a heated conversation with her supposedly husband and they were now approaching the yard, Pita looking very disappointed and his son looking like he is about to kill someone.

"No father, you lied to me. In the missive you said you were sick and you needed me to be home as soon as possible. It did not mention anything about a wife" the younger man was really angry in all his glory standing significantly taller than his father and sweating with anger making him seem darker than he really is. 

This man was oozing with authority looking very clean in his police uniform, it looked like he was still on duty.

"You have to understand son that I am really old now. I will not be here for long and I need to part from this world knowing the family legacy is in good capable hands. The twins are too young to take over and you are the only one right now. Please understand son" Pita was trying very hard to get his son to see things his way. 

He was hoping they would get a chance to sit down and smooth this over but then his son came home this very morning when everything was already in motion and they did not get a chance to talk. This was turning out to be a total disaster.

"I am on duty as we speak and I left my post because I thought you were sick, and here you are trying to ambush me into marriage. You must be out of your minds. I will choose a bride when I am ready to be a husband. I will not stand for this madness and I am leaving" he said the last part at the top of his voice making his mother jump from her spot. 

She quickly stood up and went to join the two with the hope that her son would listen to her.

Sindile had no idea whether to be amused or saddened by what was unfolding in front of her. 

First of all the moment he heard the man speak in the distance, even though he sounded furious but that voice made her heart leap with anticipation. She just knew it was him without seeing him.

When she did finally see him from the end of the yard where he was standing with her father in-law she felt herself sweat and all of a sudden the hide skirt was making her body boil from heat. She tried to change her sitting position but there was no help she was getting hot and this type of reaction was confusing to her.

She saw them turn and look at the crowd where she was seated when her mother in-law got closer to them and she knew sooner than later her name will be thrown all over the place and she found that unsettling.

"Ncwala! Don't you dare speak to your father like that. What happened to your respect? So now that you are a police you think you can speak to your father anyhow you like. Have you forgotten how many times we have written to you begging you to come home? You even missed your own sisters funeral, because what?" Fundi asked shooting daggers at her son with her eyes.

"Goodness mother, now everything has to be brought up, right here right now in front of all these people watching us" he complained turning around and looking at the groups of people pretending not to be listening on them but in actual fact were straining their ears to get every word including Sindile herself.

She wouldn't want to miss on the drama of a rich family. She also gathered that Sonto wasn't always the only daughter in the family and she wondered what kind of a monster her husband is to miss her own sister's funeral.

"At least there is one thing we have learnt about you today my son. You care for your father, that's why you came even though you were on duty" Fundi said in a calm voice. 

"So please hear him out, he have gone out of his way to find you the perfect bride" she continued looking at her son with concern in her eyes.

"A perfect Bride you say" he scoffed. 

"Who goes around marrying people they never met. This is very disturbing" Ncwala said as he trained his eyes towards the group of woman sitting on grass mats in the shade. 

He tried to spot an unusual face and he realized he was not familiar with everyone in the in yard and that was because he haven't been home in so many years, he ended up giving up looking.

"Well her family needed our help and we are already running against time. You are going to grow to love her, she is an amazing young lady. Now go with your mother son. Let them complete the ritual and we will talk when you are done" his father urged him, with pleading eyes.

"A charity case too, father you have a beautiful heart but this is a bit extreme don't you think" he was calm now. 

He had been so furious he did not even notice that his father was now walking with an aid of a cane. He felt for the old man. 

"Maybe you should sit down for a bit father, I will go with mother and I am doing this for you otherwise this is wrong in so many levels" he concluded.

"I appreciate that my boy, one day you will understand why I had to do this." Pita said as he moved closer to Ncwala gesturing him to bend down so he can tell him something he did not want his wife to hear and Ncwala complied getting curious at what the old man wanted to tell him.

"Choose the quiet one" he whispered in his ear, leaving him totally confused and he left them heading to his house. 

He just needed some rest after having this conversation with his son. The crowd was not doing it for him anymore. He wanted to be alone.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
Please leave a VOTE and COMMENT before going forward. It will be much appreciated. And again thank you for giving my story a chance. Lots and Lots of LOVE