His Name

"Come in" she said in a very low voice and the door opened. She was expecting her mystery man to emerge from the door but instead a lady who looked like she could be only a bit older than her came in holding a tray of food. 

Sindile's her heart dropped, a part of her was relieved that it was not the man but another part of her, a bigger part of her was very disappointed. 

The lady went to the dressing table and placed the tray on it and turned to her.

"How are you doing, this room is said to be usually cold. Would you like for us to bring a few coals to warm it up a bit" she sounded concerned about the temperature of the room which Sindile did not notice at all because of her nerves.

"No Miss I am fine, its fine I mean" the lady nodded. She looked like she was studying her for a moment, Sindile was studying her too.

 This lady was a female version of the grey old man, he must have been very handsome growing up because this lady in front of her was a goddess. She was wearing a red dress that reached just above her knees showing off long beautiful legs that clearly have not been exposed to the sun much. Sindile  couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

"My name is Sonto, I would be glad if you use it" she said. "I can see father was not exaggerating, about your beauty. You really are a gem" she praised. Sindile blushed profusely, she was not used to being complemented openly like this and the last time someone did she fainted.

"Thank you", she didn't know what else to say to the other lady. Sonto seemed not to be sure what to do next neither so she asked.

"Would you like to eat alone or you would like for me to stay. The twins wanted to come here but father did not allow them, he said I should be keeping you company not those two morons"

"If you are going to eat too you can stay and besides I have questions" she said feeling the need to find more about her husband to be.

"It's settled then, I am staying" Sonto said excitedly as she grabbed a grass mat from besides the dressing table and rolled it out on the floor. 

She placed the tray on the mat and both girls sat on the mat opposite each other and began to eat.

"So, what's your brother's name" Sindile asked as they ate their food. Sonto was taken aback for a moment before she replied.

 "You mean the one who is to be your husband", she frowned, mischief written all over her face. "Of course that one, I have already met Zuzi and Zuzu, is there anyone else" she asked.

"I cannot believe you do not know his name" she smirked. Sindile realized at that moment that she asked the wrong person. She was not going to get an answer from Sonto and she was growing impatient, but to what end. Looks like people  enjoy to toy with me she thought, well, except the twins so far.

"I think you will have to ask him when you finally meet him. He doesn't know your name either. Father refused to tell anyone. You are known as LaBanda around here, that's why I am surprised you do not know his name either.

 I will not be the one to spoil the fun" She giggled. Sindile did not find this amusing at all, she was frustrated.

"So how does he feel about this whole arrangement" she probed. If Sindile was given a chance to end this whole madness she would in a heartbeat.

 But then the circumstances were against her and her family's survival was dependent on her making this sham of a marriage work. She did not have any other choice but face the music.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Please leave a VOTE and COMMENT before going forward. It will be much appreciated. And again thank you for giving my story a chance. Lots and Lots of LOVE

Marriage Or Exileजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें