Fair Enough

Sonto was quiet for a moment trying to find a suitable answer to Sindile's question. She did not want to get her hopes up, she did not want to scare her off either. 

Her brother was not the easiest man to deal with, everybody knew that but they had high hopes that a beauty like Sindile would tame him. Sonto felt a little sorry for her sister in-law to be.

"You know what, I think it is not my place to say anything, I am only here to keep you company. You will meet my brother very soon and all your questions will be answered" she decided to avoid.

"Fair enough" Sindile said, disappointed. She really was hoping Sonto would share something of value to ease her mind. 

At that moment she longed for the company of the twins, she thought maybe the boys would be a bit forthcoming than their older sister. The two girls finished eating and Sonto gathered the tray and left.

Sindile was left on her own devices again. She had a feeling Sonto was the last person she would see until dawn when the teka ritual, her traditional wedding is set in motion.

In normal circumstances whereby a man and a woman are in courtship, the teka follows kujuma 'sleep over', where the lady is introduced to the man's family. 

The lady sleeps over several times at the man's home and during those times she shares a room with the man's sisters to avoid temptation between the two love birds as the family gets to know her. 

Then at a later sleepover the man's family decides that it is time for the traditional wedding to be put in motion.

The lady is usually not aware of this development, she is ambushed by the man's family at dawn. Sindile's case was a bit different though, hers wasn't the normal kind of marriage between two love birds. 

She was aware of what was going to happen at dawn, which is the reason why even though she was so tired and sleepy she just couldn't bring herself to relax in the soft and comfortable bed. The suspense was killing her. She was like a lamp waiting to be slaughtered.

She found herself longing for her own bed of springs back home. She missed her dim little one room thatched house and she missed her family. 

She laid on the bed for hours sucking on her thumb and starring at the corrugated iron roof, fighting the urge to fall asleep. 

Her aim was to stay up until dawn. She wanted to hear them coming when the time for her teka ritual begins. Her mind wondered off and she started thinking about how much she will miss her friends random visits and her strong opinions on pretty much everything. 

Her eyes became more heavy as she was fighting to stay awake, she couldn't take it anymore and gave in to slumber.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Please leave a VOTE and COMMENT before going forward. It will be much appreciated. And again thank you for giving my story a chance. Lots and Lots of LOVE